• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filbert
    Automated Home Guru
    • Oct 2017

How to bind Y87RF with HR92 to wifi Evohome controller

Hi folks,

Having just had an Evohome system installed (blame Paul Ockenden, I've been wanting it ever since I read the review), I'm struggling with what seems to be rather poor documentation.

Two of my rooms have rad covers (not my choice, but I'm overruled) and Y87RFs to supplement the HR92s. The guy that did the installation was a great plumber but I don't think he'd used the Y87RF/HR92 set up before and there seemed to be some conflict. I'm now trying to reset the bindings and the docs are no help. With the help of Google, I have found two different approaches.

In both cases, I think I need to bind the Y87RF first (as sensor) and then the HR92 (as actuator). The problem is that I don't know how to set the Y87RF into the correct mode. One set of instructions used the left hand touch zone into 'BO' mode and rotate the ring to 'CO' the other uses the right hand touch zone and then touch again to get 'Bnd' mode.

I haven't managed to get either to work so I'd really appreciate a step by step guide to how to do it. Can anyone assist???

Thanks in advance

F
  • mylesm
    Automated Home Guru
    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Hi folks,

Having just had an Evohome system installed (blame Paul Ockenden, I've been wanting it ever since I read the review), I'm struggling with what seems to be rather poor documentation.

Two of my rooms have rad covers (not my choice, but I'm overruled) and Y87RFs to supplement the HR92s. The guy that did the installation was a great plumber but I don't think he'd used the Y87RF/HR92 set up before and there seemed to be some conflict. I'm now trying to reset the bindings and the docs are no help. With the help of Google, I have found two different approaches.

In both cases, I think I need to bind the Y87RF first (as sensor) and then the HR92 (as actuator). The problem is that I don't know how to set the Y87RF into the correct mode. One set of instructions used the left hand touch zone into 'BO' mode and rotate the ring to 'CO' the other uses the right hand touch zone and then touch again to get 'Bnd' mode.

I haven't managed to get either to work so I'd really appreciate a step by step guide to how to do it. Can anyone assist???

Thanks in advance

F
    Hi only saw this so I presume you got sorted but I also have this with HR92 in Rad cover and Y87RF and it works fine

This method worked for me

Comment

• filbert
      Automated Home Guru
      • Oct 2017

Thanks for that. I've been away and have just had the chance to do that. It seemed to work and I'll have to see how the room reacts.

I'm intrigued by the fact that there seem to be three or for binding modes for the Y87RF using the left touch point gives Bo, Co and Hc and the right touch point gives Bnd (and maybe more, I haven't explored it). The docs are very disappointing and give very little info.

Comment

• top brake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Feb 2015

Bind the T87RF as sensor when evohome asks you to, use ‘Co’ setting.

Then put HR92 into ‘binding’ and send the bind message from evohome controller.

Hope this helps, if you’re stuck just call H support
        I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• filbert
          Automated Home Guru
          • Oct 2017

Thanks, I have done that and it seems to be working.

Comment

• top brake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Feb 2015

Thanks, I have done that and it seems to be working.
            great glad you're sorted

i've asked for it to be added to the instruction manual
            I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• IM35461
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Jan 2012

Instructions are also listed at https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/content/11-evo-help

Comment

• filbert
                Automated Home Guru
                • Oct 2017

Originally posted by IM35461 View Post
                Instructions are also listed at https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/content/11-evo-help
                That's very helpful, thanks. Most clear explanation I've seen.

I can see where i ought to have gone for my system (but the installer sourced it, of course) but I know where I'll go for any other things I need.

Comment

• dty
                  Automated Home Ninja
                  • Aug 2016

That's very helpful, thanks. Most clear explanation I've seen.

I can see where i ought to have gone for my system (but the installer sourced it, of course) but I know where I'll go for any other things I need.
                  There's a good chance your installer sourced it from....? (I know mine does.)

Comment

Working...
                  X