Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bug in the current version of the Honey Total Connect Comfort App?

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Bug in the current version of the Honey Total Connect Comfort App?

Is there a bug in the current version of the Honey Total Connect Comfort (TCC) App?

If I manually change a zone temperature, then later cancel that change, the zone does not revert back to the scheduled temperature setting.

E.g. The current Living Room temperature is 20.5°C (schedule is 20°C). I then increase the temperature (i.e. override the scheduled temperature) to 21°C for a few hours:
    Screenshot_A.jpg
    Screenshot shows the current temperature of 20.5°C (at 21:11) with a target temperature of 21°C until 23:30.

If I now cancel the manual temperature setting, the zone should revert back to the schedule, but it does not. Instead, the app displays the 21°C as the set point – as if this is the temperature in the schedule (see image below).
    Screenshot_B.jpg

The schedule is shown below:
    Screenshot_C.jpg

I didnt experience this issue in previous versions of the TCC app.
    Last edited by Karrimor; 31st October 2017 at 02:04 PM.

Automated Home Legend

Try doing these steps and checking on the actual controller to see what the servers are telling the controller. Wait about 5 mins in between each step. Why 5 mins because you need to wait for the app server controller and radiator valve to all sync up before the next command is issued.

Automated Home Guru

+1

I see this from time to time using the TCC App, just not reported it.

It’s annoying, as trust of the system doing as it is expected erodes with this kind of thing.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Try doing these steps and checking on the actual controller to see what the servers are telling the controller. Wait about 5 mins in between each step. Why 5 mins because you need to wait for the app server controller and radiator valve to all sync up before the next command is issued.
    I agree. I once cancelled a change on the App within 30secs and came home to the Evotouch 'locked'; ie, unresponsive until after a battery re-set. This is what I worry about push firmware updates when I am not at home to monitor the system.

Automated Home Legend

I just live with this. Simply doing a refresh doesn’t always work but usually if you exit the app and then go back in, it all goes right.

Automated Home Legend

Just seems to be the way the app works - if you make a change like cancelling an override wait about 10 seconds after the change is completed then drag down on the main screen to trigger a manual refresh and it should update to the correct set point figure.

In my experience it carries out the action reliably but shows a "cached" set point in the app after the change is made, even though the mode (manual override or not) changes immediately.

I suspect that the set point reported by the app is always what has been reported by the controller, not what is stored in the schedule - so when you cancel the override this sends a command through to the controller (which typically takes about 5 seconds) the controller actions that change and reports the new (schedule) set point back to the Web API and then the next time after that that you refresh the phone app it will see the correct set point. If you let it sit it will refresh once a minute (I think) but you can swipe down to trigger a manual refresh.

Watch the screen of the controller as you make the change from your phone and you'll see that it does take effect. If I really want to be sure something took effect I'll wait 5-10 seconds then swipe down to refresh and this always seems to give the correct result. It is kind of annoying that the phone app UI gives a false impression initially though. The Web API knows your controllers schedule so should be smart enough to know what the set point will be after cancelling an override without waiting for the controller to action the change and report back - so it should use this figure as a temporary stand in until the controller has had time to report back the actual set point. (which nearly always, should match)

The app is also lacking push updates from the Web API that would help keep it visually in sync - it only polls every minute or when you swipe down.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 31st October 2017 at 11:13 AM.

Automated Home Jr Member

At around 12:26pm today I performed a test (manually changed a zone temperature to 15°C , then cancelled that change so that the zone reverts back to its scheduled temperature of 17°C).

It took around 20 minutes for the zone to revert back to its schedule. During that time I manually refreshed the display and closed and re-opened the app a few times, before leaving it alone.

At the same time, I ran a Python script to display the zone temperature (using Evohome Client version 1, requesting updated temperature values not cached values) and the target set-point temperature:

Date Time_______ Zone_____ temp target
    31/10/2017 12:25 Bedroom 2 18.6 15
    31/10/2017 12:35 Bedroom 2 18.6 15
    31/10/2017 12:45 Bedroom 2 18.6 15
    31/10/2017 12:55 Bedroom 2 18.5 17

It seems to have reverted back to the schedule, sometime between 12:45-12:55. I'm not at home so I was unable to check the controller display.
    Last edited by Karrimor; 31st October 2017 at 04:00 PM.

Automated Home Jr Member

I logged a support ticket with Honeywell regarding the issue:

There is a bug In the current version of the TCC app.

If you manually change a zone temperature, then later cancel that change, the zone does not revert back to the scheduled temperature.

Eg. Living Room schedule is 20.5°C. Increase temperature to 21°C for a few hours (attached Screenshot_A.png). Before 1 hour has expired, I cancel the manual override, the zone does not revert back to the schedule. Instead, it will display the 21°C as the setpoint – as if this is temperature is the scheduled temperature (see Screenshot_B.png). This is incorrect.

I experienced the "bug" on both Android and IOS devices, but I didn't make that clear in my original support ticket. This is the reply from Honeywell support, though it doesn't quite address the issue I reported:

Sent: 02 November 2017 09:44
    To:
    Subject: RE: Bug in the Honey Total Connect Comfort App [ ref:_00D00hZKZ._50080159Ifq:ref ]

Good morning,

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with our product. Your case reference number is 15587117.

Since the release of iOS11 some European users are having difficulty making changes to their temperature settings via the TCC app. This also affects the controls when using the Apple Watch. Honeywell is aware of this and we are making it our top priority to get a fix out as soon as possible. Controlling the thermostat via HomeKit, Amazon Echo, Google Home or IFTTT is not affected and local control of home heating operates as normal.

As a temporary workaround, you can roll back to iOS10 on your device and the app will work as expected.

We apologise for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience

Your Honeywell Home Team

E&ES Europe Consumer Support
    Honeywell | Environmental & Energy Solutions Europe

Did you know you can also find support articles and other useful information on our Support Page?
    It’s not an option for most people to revert back to IOS 10 (in fact I would say that it is inadvisable to do this due to security vulnerabilities in IOS10)

Apple have released software to correct the KRACK vulnerability (31 Oct 2017), which affects several common security protocols for Wi-Fi. See: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201222 . Users are advised to update as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Karrimor; 3rd November 2017 at 12:20 AM.

Automated Home Legend

Firstly ask Honeywell to send you instructions to roll back to iOS10 and see how far you get :-)

Automated Home Legend

I'm still on iOS 10.3.3 so Honeywell's reply above doesn't address the issue where cancelling a manual override in the app shows the same set point (instead of the schedule set point) for some time afterwards until refreshing.

Nothing to do with iOS 11...