• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by robj20 View Post
    So are all units now updating?
    Unlikely. Contacting support to get the update "pushed" just puts your device at the front of the queue. Other peoples devices will get updated whenever they were scheduled to, as they spread them out rather than updating them all at once.

Unless you're desperate for the update personally I'd just wait. You will get it eventually!

Comment

• SciroccoR
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Aug 2016

Just had an e-mail to confirm that the update has been done.

I'm at work so cannot check it yet, however 2 rooms are not updating the current temperatures, but probably just the usual a simple fix of pressing the TRV button to refresh it.

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by SciroccoR View Post
        Just had an e-mail to confirm that the update has been done.

I'm at work so cannot check it yet, however 2 rooms are not updating the current temperatures, but probably just the usual a simple fix of pressing the TRV button to refresh it.
        If you mean they just have dashes for the temperature in the phone app or web page, they will sort themselves out, usually within an hour so by the time you get home it should be OK. Pressing the button on the HR92 does hurry the process up though.

Comment

• SciroccoR
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Aug 2016

Everything working normally after upgrade!

Different hot water icon, and now a boost function from the controller screen.

Would be good to see this mirorred in the APP as I use that more than the controller.

Comment

• FullBore
            Automated Home Guru
            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
            Unlikely. Contacting support to get the update "pushed" just puts your device at the front of the queue. Other peoples devices will get updated whenever they were scheduled to, as they spread them out rather than updating them all at once.

Unless you're desperate for the update personally I'd just wait. You will get it eventually!
            It would be useful to have an idea over what timescale Honeywell intend to update the firmware on all install systems? A couple of days...a month...by the end of the year...?

FB

Comment

• sharpener
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Dan_Robinson View Post
              When was it ever sold as being update-able?
              It says so in the User Manual for the original monochrome controller and I for one feel cheated by the fact that no updates have ever been released.

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
                Automated Home Ninja
                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by sharpener View Post
                It says so in the User Manual for the original monochrome controller and I for one feel cheated by the fact that no updates have ever been released.
                I don't remember reading that... Can you tell me where?
                Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• mtmcgavock
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Mar 2017

Originally posted by SciroccoR View Post
                  I tried logging a request with customer services to push the update, however i received a response that they cannot push an update to a device, and that it will "update when connected to the internet"
                  How did you log this, through the Total Connect website?

Comment

• sharpener
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Dan_Robinson View Post
                    I don't remember reading that... Can you tell me where?
                    See http://www.wordpress-1219309-4387497...0965#post20965

Neither top brake in his reply or anyone else from Honeywell has to my knowledge ever explained why this misleading information was published in the first place, why the policy was changed or what the USB port was provided for if not for connectivity or upgrades (there is also a programming port of some kind behind an access flap so it is probably not for initial software loading in the factory).
                    Last edited by sharpener; 25 November 2017, 12:36 AM.

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

I sometimes get the feeling that whilst Honeywell produce good products, in the past a lot has been for the commercial market internationally, and when it comes to dealing with individuals and not businesses, not enough thought or care goes into the service. Clearer advice on installation etc. has come from helpful people in this forum. It is as if there is an unsureness about how to deal with the “domestic” public. A learning exercise still underway. The app could, indeed should, have been updated long long ago, with respect to appearance and usability. There have been many comments and suggestions about improvements, necessary features, but they are oh so slow in happening. Full control of all aspects from the app, integration with HomeKit etc. The Evohome product is great but the controlling thereof is sort of “clunky” for what we now expect.

Comment

• HenGus
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • May 2014

When you are primes inter pares, then they really is no pressure to raise your game. Now that there are well-respected competitors offering products that compete directly with Evohome; at a cheaper price and with a modern GUI, then I would have thought that Honeywell needs to take note. (And the weather information on the App still doesn’t work!!)

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jul 2014

And to be fair there was atleast one version of the firmware that was made available to upgrade to via the USB port. Nothing since. Also I have never seen any firmware images for the V2 colour version. But I knowmy Gateway did receive a couple of updates.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Sep 2014

The weather info in the iPhone app has always worked for me apart from a short outage recently where it “couldn’t find” my location.

Comment

• HenGus
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • May 2014

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                              The weather info in the iPhone app has always worked for me apart from a short outage recently where it “couldn’t find” my location.
                              Well it hasn't worked for me now for a couple of weeks. I have deleted and re-installed the App but to no avail.

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
                                Automated Home Ninja
                                • Jun 2012

See http://www.wordpress-1219309-4387497...0965#post20965

Neither top brake in his reply or anyone else from Honeywell has to my knowledge ever explained why this misleading information was published in the first place, why the policy was changed or what the USB port was provided for if not for connectivity or upgrades (there is also a programming port of some kind behind an access flap so it is probably not for initial software loading in the factory).
                                That is referring to Evohome v2/colour. We are talking about v1 and v1.2.
                                Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

Working...
                                X