X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan_Robinson
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Jun 2012

Have just (admittedly quickly) scanned through both v1, v1.2, and v2 manuals/brochures and specs I have and can't see a reference to any firmware updates.

Can someone post an actual image/pdf of this claim?
    Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• roydonaldson
      Automated Home Guru
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Dan_Robinson View Post
      That is referring to Evohome v2/colour. We are talking about v1 and v1.2.
      I do have sympathy for Honeywell here. If you think back a few years ago, a heating controller was a microprocessor device that was installed by a heating engineer and just left to work. If you think about it, what that implies is that a whole organisation required to support end users and them doing updates etc. did not exist. Think of it from Honeywell's perspective, you do an update on your controller, brick it.....now what, times that by 700 customers....You don't have the infrastructure to sort this out yourself and now everyone of your installation engineers has incurred extra cost fixing the problem you caused, they now sell another manufacturers controller. The black and white one was very advanced for it's age.

Now, the new colour one, again should be updateable. I think a lot of the upcoming features should have been out a year / 9 months ago. Though, I am surprised at the timing of rolling these updates out. If I was Honeywell, I would push out major releases in April/May timeframe and then minor updates in Sept/Oct. No way would I ever be pushing major updates out to my customer base November - February, the main time that the heating is being used and the most impactful if something goes wrong.

It would be good as well if they created a 'Beta' channel like many other manufacturers have, so that more advanced users could subscribe to have updates pushed to them earlier. It provides a good test environment for them on a set of more accepting users.

Roy.

Comment

• HenGus
        Automated Home Legend
        • May 2014

Originally posted by roydonaldson View Post
        I think a lot of the upcoming features should have been out a year / 9 months ago. Though, I am surprised at the timing of rolling these updates out. If I was Honeywell, I would push out major releases in April/May timeframe and then minor updates in Sept/Oct. No way would I ever be pushing major updates out to my customer base November - February, the main time that the heating is being used and the most impactful if something goes wrong.

Roy.
        I agree. I would have thought that Honeywell might have taken note of the issues that one of its competitors has had with Winter push updates. As cyber expects have said many times 'with connected devices it is not a case of will something go amiss, it is only a question of when'.

Comment

• FullBore
          Automated Home Guru
          • Jan 2016

On 24th November:-

[QUOTE=FullBore;34745]It would be useful to have an idea over what timescale Honeywell intend to update the firmware on all install systems? A couple of days...a month...by the end of the year...?/QUOTE]

Can anyone give an indication of the probable timescale please?

NJSS

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
            Automated Home Ninja
            • Jun 2012

You have in the opening post.

Comment

• FullBore
              Automated Home Guru
              • Jan 2016

Thank-you Dan.

I had read the opening post on 9th November where Rameses said:-

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
              Hi All

We now have more info to share around the release of future FW updates for evohome Wi-Fi units.

Software 02.00.11.21 & Wi-Fi 02.00.11.00
              This is being released now. It is in our production units from the factory and will be pushed out over the next few days via our deployment systems. Users shouldn't have to do anything as this will be a fully automated update
              the words highlighted lead me to believe that one might expect the update to be complete for all users by now, three weeks later.

This is clearly not the case; it would be nice to have an update with a more accurate timescale, if possible please.

FB

Comment

• morpheus
                Automated Home Sr Member
                • Apr 2016

PErsonally I am with release :

Application software version : 01.00.07.01
                Wifi Software version : 01.00.06.10

Is there a way I can pass to release 2 ?!?
                What does it bring ?

Comment

• HenGus
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • May 2014

Originally posted by morpheus View Post

Is there a way I can pass to release 2 ?!?
                  What does it bring ?
                  Have a read of Post 1 on this thread. Personally, I am just sitting back and wait for it to be pushed as I doubt that it changes very much in terms of day-to-day operation.

Comment

• morpheus
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Apr 2016

ok ... I just sent a private message to Rameses because I had escalated 2 issues on the Evotouch, and I think one of the 2 will be solved in RL2, the other I am not sure.
                    Will wait for the reply and post it here to let you know.

Comment

• richardjh
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Nov 2017

I have just checked mine tonight and i am on Application v01.00.03.00 and WiFi v01.00.04.02

Even further back.! The device is registered on the TCC website. What else do i have to do to make it receive an upgrade??

Comment

• paulockenden
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Apr 2015

The fact that we haven’t all received the new version by now makes me suspect that a little bugette might have been discovered, and is being addressed before the wider roll-out.

And maybe, given the delay, they'll now just hold off for a few more weeks and then give everyone the version that we really all want, with heat demand shown and boilerless zones.

Comment

• HenGus
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • May 2014

US Thanksgiving and Christmas are not an ideal time to push out updates when support and technical staff are a bit thin on the ground.

Comment

• paulockenden
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Apr 2015

Apple has just pushed out two major OS X updates in two days.

I guess the amount of egg on your face affects the speed at which these things happen.

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
                              Automated Home Ninja
                              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
                              Apple has just pushed out two major OS X updates in two days.

I guess the amount of egg on your face affects the speed at which these things happen.
                              Pahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaah

Signed - an Android user and avid Crapple hater .

Comment

• top brake
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Feb 2015

if you have't receive the firmware update i recommend contacting Honeywell support with your device ID so that they can push it manually
                                I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

Working...
                                X