Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: eovhome Wi-FI FW releases

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by PaulV View Post
    Where do I have to look to find the software levels my unit is on?
    Brief touch on "Settings", then long touch (~15 sec) on "Device settings".

Automated Home Guru

May be worth a feature request. Add a About button in to Settings, that shows the current firmware. Holding down a button for ages is such an old fashioned way to do it.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by roydonaldson View Post
    May be worth a feature request. Add a About button in to Settings, that shows the current firmware. Holding down a button for ages is such an old fashioned way to do it.
    I am not sure that would feature on my wish list. I would like to see Honeywell 'offer' firmware upgrades rather than push them. I like to be around when things upgrade. Alternatively, perhaps that system could send out an e-mail when a unit has been sent a push update.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by HenGus View Post
    I am not sure that would feature on my wish list. I would like to see Honeywell 'offer' firmware upgrades rather than push them. I like to be around when things upgrade. Alternatively, perhaps that system could send out an e-mail when a unit has been sent a push update.
    Tha's slightly different. Most devices nowadays have a button that then shows the current firmware release and another botton on that same page that says 'check for update', you press that and it either changes to 'you are running the latest release', or 'update available, press to install'

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

IoT things tend to push updates.

I like the same Samsung does it with the SmartThings hub:
    - An email to tell when the update will be pushed out
    - And email to tell you that it has happened
    - Then a few days later an email to say they're rolling you back because the update screwed up so many things..... ;-)

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MrShamus View Post
    Once electric zone support and heat demand are added I will seriously consider upgrading to the WiFi model... Currently on the non-WiFi with RFG100 gateway.
    That's exactly what I wouldn't want to do, after I bought the original EvoHome (along with another 100 for the RFG100) as being able of updates that never came.

Not cheap a system, not impressed by customer support (see my past threads). This is not going to impress me as a marketing move to convince me giving Honeywell another 250 to dump my working units.

I might take into consideration an upgrade when (and if) either my controller or the RFG100 stops working. Whoopps! I might have given some bad idea out to Honeywell marketing...

Just not to be missing something, are there plans to add features to the non-WIFI units? They do have a nice USB port...

Automated Home Ninja Dan_Robinson's Avatar

When was it ever sold as being update-able?
    Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Automated Home Guru

Don't want to start flames but I remember discussing such things on this forum as well. At the time, updates were passed to the RFG100.

Even today you could find such information, e.g. here:

https://ensupport.getconnected.honey...e-with-gateway

And the technique of pushing updates on newer models to stimulate users to get rid of working devices and buy new ones is not an isolated case... can you name a very well known Korean smartphone manufacturer that's famous for this...?

Automated Home Ninja Dan_Robinson's Avatar

Still can't see where it was sold as being given updates/upgrades?

I have some Note 4's still running in the firm and they get updates still.

Infact more than my Note 8

Think you'll find a certain rotten fruit based device liked by media types is even more renowned for crippling their legacy devices with (ironically enough) upgrades.

Evo has always had a USB port up until v3.
    Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Hi couple of things

- if you have older version and can't wait for the push - log a call with customer services and they can push you manually
    - We managed to put the Krack fix and the next firmware (outside weather, E-zone) into testing - subject to all going well - should be out before Xmas.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own