• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emmeesse68
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2014

Originally posted by MrShamus View Post
    Once electric zone support and heat demand are added I will seriously consider upgrading to the WiFi model... Currently on the non-WiFi with RFG100 gateway.
    That's exactly what I wouldn't want to do, after I bought the original EvoHome (along with another €100 for the RFG100) as being able of updates that never came.

Not cheap a system, not impressed by customer support (see my past threads). This is not going to impress me as a marketing move to convince me giving Honeywell another €250 to dump my working units.

I might take into consideration an upgrade when (and if) either my controller or the RFG100 stops working. Whoopps! I might have given some bad idea out to Honeywell marketing...

Just not to be missing something, are there plans to add features to the non-WIFI units? They do have a nice USB port...

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Jun 2012

When was it ever sold as being update-able?
      Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• emmeesse68
        Automated Home Guru
        • Dec 2014

Don't want to start flames but I remember discussing such things on this forum as well. At the time, updates were passed to the RFG100.

Even today you could find such information, e.g. here:

And the technique of pushing updates on newer models to stimulate users to get rid of working devices and buy new ones is not an isolated case... can you name a very well known Korean smartphone manufacturer that's famous for this...?

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Jun 2012

Still can't see where it was sold as being given updates/upgrades?

I have some Note 4's still running in the firm and they get updates still.

Infact more than my Note 8

Think you'll find a certain rotten fruit based device liked by media types is even more renowned for crippling their legacy devices with (ironically enough) upgrades.

Evo has always had a USB port up until v3.
          Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• Rameses
            Industry Expert
            • Nov 2014

Hi couple of things

- if you have older version and can't wait for the push - log a call with customer services and they can push you manually
            - We managed to put the Krack fix and the next firmware (outside weather, E-zone) into testing - subject to all going well - should be out before Xmas.
            getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• HenGus
              Automated Home Legend
              • May 2014

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
              Hi couple of things

- if you have older version and can't wait for the push - log a call with customer services and they can push you manually
              - We managed to put the Krack fix and the next firmware (outside weather, E-zone) into testing - subject to all going well - should be out before Xmas.
              Will that fix the weather information on the App that appears once again to have gone AWOL? I have tried logging out / logging in but all I get is Weather Unavailable - Could Not Find.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
                Automated Home Legend
                • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
                Hi couple of things

What are you classing older version? Mine is 6 months old and hasn’t received it.

Also I think the majority on here haven’t received it yet. Has any been pushed out yet and if not will it be pushed out soon? I’d rather not hassle customer services if it’s going to be out next week.

Comment

• Hoppy
                  Automated Home Lurker
                  • Nov 2017

Originally posted by mtmcgavock View Post
                  What are you classing older version? Mine is 6 months old and hasn’t received it.

Also I think the majority on here haven’t received it yet. Has any been pushed out yet and if not will it be pushed out soon? I’d rather not hassle customer services if it’s going to be out next week.
                  Hi, I interpreted "if you have older version and can't wait for the push " to mean older version software ie 01.00.07.01 / 01.00.06.10, not older version hardware or how long ago you bought your Evohome equipment. So, if you can't wait, phone them up, otherwise just let it happen when it happens. I'm still on old software BTW and bought about the same time as you, 6 months ago. I might phone up if it hasn't updated by Christmas.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Hoppy View Post
                    Hi, I interpreted "if you have older version and can't wait for the push " to mean older version software ie 01.00.07.01 / 01.00.06.10, not older version hardware or how long ago you bought your Evohome equipment. So, if you can't wait, phone them up, otherwise just let it happen when it happens. I'm still on old software BTW and bought about the same time as you, 6 months ago. I might phone up if it hasn't updated by Christmas.
                    Ah I see - I had misinterpreted that one I think I assumed it was going off hardware versions as a previous poster claimed to have it.

I'm in no rush and it seems daft to hassle Honeywell if it's going to be rolled out soon (A rough date would be nice). TBH i'm looking forward to the update nearer Christmas!

Comment

• mylesm
                      Automated Home Guru
                      • Nov 2015

I think because in the OP it stated it would be pushed out over the next few days and that was on the 9th Nov and its now 21st hardly a few days and no one on here has reported an update yet

Comment

• PaulV
                        Automated Home Lurker
                        • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Edinburgh2000 View Post
                        Brief touch on "Settings", then long touch (~15 sec) on "Device settings".
                        Thanks worked like a charm

Comment

• SciroccoR
                          Automated Home Lurker
                          • Aug 2016

I tried logging a request with customer services to push the update, however i received a response that they cannot push an update to a device, and that it will "update when connected to the internet"

Comment

• G4RHL
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by SciroccoR View Post
                            I tried logging a request with customer services to push the update, however i received a response that they cannot push an update to a device, and that it will "update when connected to the internet"
                            That does not seem to make sense. If the statement was right we would all be updated now and I’m not. If they cannot “push” the update then what do they think happens when it does update?! I suppose they think it’s a “pull” and not a “push”!

Comment

• SciroccoR
                              Automated Home Lurker
                              • Aug 2016

Update, Customer services have come back and said they can infact do it, just need confirmation of a stable internet connection for a few hours to do it.

Comment

• robj20
                                Automated Home Sr Member
                                • Aug 2017

So are all units now updating?

Comment

Working...
                                X