Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Evohome HR92 batteries

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dty View Post
    Thanks folks!

Lithium batteries appear to be 6-8 times the price of alkaline. Are they really worth it?
    Maybe 4x if you shop around.

They won’t last 4x as long. Maybe 2 or 3. But the premium is worth it IMHO just to avoid the hassle of failing zones and having to change batteries so often.

Automated Home Legend

Do people change all zones at once at first failure notice or as and went you get the warnings?

Automated Home Guru

I only change the batteries on the single HR92 that's showing the low battery warning. I also wait a few days/weeks after the first warning before changing the batteries just to make sure they really need changing. I've had a few false messages where the battery level has jumped up again and not dropped again for a few weeks/months. I'm using replacement alkaline batteries.

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Not when bought in bulk online. Shop around a bit more.
    The cheapest I’ve found them is on the site HenGus mentioned. I need 48 for the whole house and they do a 48 pack! For £60! :-( Alkalines are £10-ish in similar quantities.

Automated Home Ninja Dan_Robinson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Do people change all zones at once at first failure notice or as and went you get the warnings?
    Different heads will have different workloads both on the mechanical side and the rf. Just change as necessary.
    Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Automated Home Legend

The industrial/lithium maths do not stack up for me. Batterystation claims ‘Formerly known as Procell, these Industrial by Duracell batteries last up to 10 times longer than standard alkaline AA cells.’

As some of the original HR92 batteries lasted in excess of 2 years, I am expecting not to have to change some of my industrial batteries until 2037!!

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

i would recommend an annual preventative maintenance change of all batteries when you get your boiler serviced

i use varta alkalines from Screwfix https://www.screwfix.com/p/varta-aa-...-24-pack/3215k
    i like the ammo holder they come in, and they are highly rated in tests
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Automated Home Ninja

I ended up getting 50x Energizer Lithium from Fleebay for £40.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222687377038

Automated Home Legend

I use the “Industrial” ones and no issues with them but don’t think I’d change all each year. If I don’t need to then I don’t. However, it is not a bad suggestion. Somebody who is not technically minded and may perhaps struggle to know what to do then doing all at service time each year would have some merit. Mind you there would still be confusion in my house as for one zone the batteries only last 3 months, and so spot on is the 3 months duration that I know almost to the day when I will get the message to change. The least used zone in the house where the temperature is rarely if ever high enough for the radiator to come on. I will need to change them again on or about the 15th December!

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    I use the “Industrial” ones and no issues with them but don’t think I’d change all each year. If I don’t need to then I don’t. However, it is not a bad suggestion. Somebody who is not technically minded and may perhaps struggle to know what to do then doing all at service time each year would have some merit. Mind you there would still be confusion in my house as for one zone the batteries only last 3 months, and so spot on is the 3 months duration that I know almost to the day when I will get the message to change. The least used zone in the house where the temperature is rarely if ever high enough for the radiator to come on. I will need to change them again on or about the 15th December!
    Every 3 months seem very frequent I have not got a warning yet from when I changed over a year ago and some zones are on from 7am to 22:30 is it usual to have to replace every 3 months or is there something causing the Hr92 to use more power I wonder if you swapped that Hr92 with another and rebound it to the zone would the other one also only last 3 months