• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wilch100
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2017

Evohome and Worcester Bosch Combi Boiler

Hello there, I am new to the forum and also to Evohome, and have a question which I suspect may be rather basic!

I have recently installed a simple Evohome setup in our flat - Evohome Connected Pack with controller and BDR91 connected to a WB Greenstar 25Si combi boiler, plus 6 HR92 radiator controllers (one for each room).

The boiler previously had a Worcester Bosch DT10RF digistat built in to the front of the boiler, which communicated with a wall-mounted thermostat to control the central heating. Based on research and advice, this was disconnected as it conflicted with the BDR91 meaning that the Evohome system couldn't switch on the heating because the DT10RF was waiting for a signal from its thermostat.

Since doing the installation, the hot water from the combi boiler is very very hot. My understanding is that the DT10RF doesn't do anything to regulate the temperature of the hot water, so I think this is probably a boiler fault which has coincidentally happened around the same time that the Evohome has been installed. But can anyone confirm this for me please? I'd be very grateful for your advice.
  • dmsims
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2015

There is a dial to control the hot water temp - maybe it got moved ?

worcester hot water temp.jpg

Comment

• Wilch100
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Nov 2017

Hi, yes, I have tried that but even with it set at 1 the water’s still really hot. Am I right in thinking that disconnecting the old digistat should have no effect on hot water temperature?

Comment

• mtmcgavock
        Automated Home Legend
        • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Wilch100 View Post
        Hi, yes, I have tried that but even with it set at 1 the water’s still really hot. Am I right in thinking that disconnecting the old digistat should have no effect on hot water temperature?
        It will have an affect on the Eco mode, the Digistat allowed you have timed the eco mode (or even switch it On) to give you quicker hot water delivery during the day, then go back to eco mode at night.

If the green Eco button is not lit up on the front then it isn’t enable, press it and it will enable the Eco mode.

That will be the only difference between the Evohome and Digistat.

Comment

• Wilch100
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Nov 2017

Thanks, that’s really helpful.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jul 2014

on some boilers the controller allows you to set a HW max temperature and if you remove the controller then the boiler reverts to it's own set max. So I would check if there is such a setting on the boiler which is now not being over ridden. Also I hope you disconnected the remote base until completely from the boiler because again on some controllers if only the control panel is switched off, the boiler assume a fail safe mode which may not be what you want.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
              Automated Home Legend
              • Mar 2017

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
              on some boilers the controller allows you to set a HW max temperature and if you remove the controller then the boiler reverts to it's own set max. So I would check if there is such a setting on the boiler which is now not being over ridden. Also I hope you disconnected the remote base until completely from the boiler because again on some controllers if only the control panel is switched off, the boiler assume a fail safe mode which may not be what you want.
              On the Digistat controller there is no HW temperature set point, that is done on the front of the boiler with the above control knob.

OP, if you have just unplugged the receiver from the circuit board (The little black 7 pin lead from behind the clock) then that is all you need to do to then use the S/L on the boiler.

Comment

• Wilch100
                Automated Home Lurker
                • Nov 2017

Thanks so much, that’s very reassuring.

Comment

Working...
                X