• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

T87RF Thermostat quick action menus

A colleague uses a T87RF Thermostat with a BDR91 to control his heating. It is a thermal store cylinder system. The T87RF does its job well but when he goes away he wants to use a quick action menu. He can do that but he cannot edit any of them, as those of us who have a Control Panel can. Thus he is limited to off which gives him 5c as the minimum and an away setting which gives him 15c as the default. That is too high, probably too high for any of us, and 10c is preferable. He cannot, however, adjust this. Does anybody know whether there is a way to just the custom menu functions to alter the temperature settings? The app does not permit editing of these. Indeed that is something for Honeywell to take up - the app should be capable of editing the custom menu settings.
  • RO09
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jan 2015

Hi
    I assume this is the basic single zone thermostat setup and there is an RFG100 gateway involved, I had this setup in a previous house. You can alter the Min, Max, and Off temperature settings in the installation menu on the thermostat. I can't remember exactly how they relate to the Economy/Away/Off quick actions, but I'm fairly sure you can achieve what you want. Probably change the Off temperature to 10 deg. Its in the installation manual <here>
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by RO09; 22 November 2017, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• G4RHL
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jan 2015

Thanks. Reading it I don’t think this is used to adjust the Quick Action Menus. They will appear in the app and can be operated but they cannot be edited in the app. That capability ought to be there. I think I may still have my original Control Panel (pre Wi-Fi model) and if I can find it possibly he can connect that to the Gateway and the T87RF and then use the Control Panel to make the changes.

It is high time though that a full editing facility for all actions and editing is in the app.

Comment

• RO09
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Jan 2015

Yeah, its not completely obvious from the manual. But I did use these settings and although it may not redefine the quick actions directly, I did get more or less what I wanted. I just can't remember if I used the Min, or Off temps. I think I had the Off and Min temp both set to 12, which means that whatever you do with the stat or the app, it won't go lower than 12 deg. So essentially the Off quick action results in 12 deg.

I definitely agree that the app should support editing the quick actions!

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

There is nothing in the manual that shows how to change the quick action menus. It seems it cannot be done without a Control Panel. As said, the app should have this function.

Comment

• top brake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
            A colleague uses a T87RF Thermostat with a BDR91 to control his heating. It is a thermal store cylinder system. The T87RF does its job well but when he goes away he wants to use a quick action menu. He can do that but he cannot edit any of them, as those of us who have a Control Panel can. Thus he is limited to off which gives him 5c as the minimum and an away setting which gives him 15c as the default. That is too high, probably too high for any of us, and 10c is preferable. He cannot, however, adjust this. Does anybody know whether there is a way to just the custom menu functions to alter the temperature settings? The app does not permit editing of these. Indeed that is something for Honeywell to take up - the app should be capable of editing the custom menu settings.
            the quick actions are not adjustable.

Single Zone Connected Thermostat is entry level product; if you want a fully configurable and adjustable version then you can upgrade to evohome or LyricT6
            I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• G4RHL
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jan 2015

I have found I still have my old, pre WiFi, Control Panel. Will give it to my colleague to try. He does not need the WiFi version. Indeed technically he should not need any version if the app was more usable.

Addendum.

My colleague now finds he can do things he can’t with the app. But his first comment to me after configuring it. “Why is this not all in the app?”
              Last edited by G4RHL; 27 November 2017, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X