Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evohome off temperature

Automated Home Sr Member

Default Evohome off temperature

What temperature does everyone have set when off. At the minute i have it set to heat the rooms to around 18-19.5C, when off i have 15c set. Keeps away the worst condensation on our ageing double glazing.

Automated Home Legend

Surely, it is property dependent. I set all mine at 10C and I have no condensation issues.

Automated Home Sr Member

Our house is 90+ years, double brick (no insulation). I set off/overnight temps at 10C but set Dining Room (when out of use) at 16C to minimise/avoid condensation from dble glazed windows.

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Dehumidifier

Quote Originally Posted by killa47 View Post
    Our house is 90+ years, double brick (no insulation). I set off/overnight temps at 10C but set Dining Room (when out of use) at 16C to minimise/avoid condensation from dble glazed windows.
    A dehumidifier is a good investment. I never have condensation problems.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mikey8156 View Post
    A dehumidifier is a good investment. I never have condensation problems.
    I second that. But the biggest issue is that the time and the place when/where you need it most is a pain to keep it running. You cannot sleep in the same room that the unit is in because its too noisy. But it's exactly where is needs to be.

Automated Home Jr Member

I have my dehumidifier in the kitchen, it tends to dehumidify the whole house if the kitchen door is left open.

Automated Home Sr Member

I have one in the landing. Run it for about 4 hours each night.

We installed a PIV. Best thing we ever did. Even in the depths of winter we have no condensation at all - have night time temps set to 10 degrees.

Automated Home Legend

10c at night. It rarely if ever drops to that. Other than in the conservatory. I live in the NE of England. Thank goodness I don’t need a dehumidifier as much now. I used to in the conservatory but that, originally built 2002, was reglazed, walls and roof, 3 years ago and the current standard for such glazing is such that we rarely need the dehumidifier. Mind you the radiator in there struggles. That has its HR92 set to 5c and sometimes I hear the heating fire up in the night when temperatures drop. Thinking of installing an electric panel radiator in there as a more practical approach. The central heating radiator in there is the end of the line so to speak.

Automated Home Legend

What about exploring the skirting board central heating?