• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robj20
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Aug 2017

Evohome off temperature

What temperature does everyone have set when off. At the minute i have it set to heat the rooms to around 18-19.5C, when off i have 15c set. Keeps away the worst condensation on our ageing double glazing.
  • HenGus
    Automated Home Legend
    • May 2014

Surely, it is property dependent. I set all mine at 10C and I have no condensation issues.

Comment

• killa47
      Automated Home Guru
      • Jan 2016

Our house is 90+ years, double brick (no insulation). I set off/overnight temps at 10C but set Dining Room (when out of use) at 16C to minimise/avoid condensation from dble glazed windows.

Comment

• mikey8156
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Dec 2011

Dehumidifier

Originally posted by killa47 View Post
        Our house is 90+ years, double brick (no insulation). I set off/overnight temps at 10C but set Dining Room (when out of use) at 16C to minimise/avoid condensation from dble glazed windows.
        A dehumidifier is a good investment. I never have condensation problems.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by mikey8156 View Post
          A dehumidifier is a good investment. I never have condensation problems.
          I second that. But the biggest issue is that the time and the place when/where you need it most is a pain to keep it running. You cannot sleep in the same room that the unit is in because its too noisy. But it's exactly where is needs to be.

Comment

• mikey8156
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Dec 2011

I have my dehumidifier in the kitchen, it tends to dehumidify the whole house if the kitchen door is left open.

Comment

• robj20
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Aug 2017

I have one in the landing. Run it for about 4 hours each night.

Comment

• Mavis
                Automated Home Ninja
                • Oct 2014

We installed a PIV. Best thing we ever did. Even in the depths of winter we have no condensation at all - have night time temps set to 10 degrees.

Comment

• G4RHL
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jan 2015

10c at night. It rarely if ever drops to that. Other than in the conservatory. I live in the NE of England. Thank goodness I don’t need a dehumidifier as much now. I used to in the conservatory but that, originally built 2002, was reglazed, walls and roof, 3 years ago and the current standard for such glazing is such that we rarely need the dehumidifier. Mind you the radiator in there struggles. That has its HR92 set to 5c and sometimes I hear the heating fire up in the night when temperatures drop. Thinking of installing an electric panel radiator in there as a more practical approach. The central heating radiator in there is the end of the line so to speak.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jul 2014

What about exploring the skirting board central heating?

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                      What about exploring the skirting board central heating?
                      Yes, have looked at this. There is an excellent skirting board system available now which can be water based or electric but it is not cheap and I came to the conclusion it would be overkill for the conservatory where in winter months it is more occasional heating that is needed. I have in the past enjoyed electric, oil and gas central heating systems and the best, and cheapest to run, was electric, but that was 40 years ago.

Comment

• robj20
                        Automated Home Sr Member
                        • Aug 2017

The majority of our rooms don't go below 15c even with the heating totally off. But condensation is massively reduce if I keep it to about 16c in the problem areas.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Mar 2017

I have all my off temperatures set to 16oc, not due to condensation but I personally think if it's getting below 16oc it's getting pretty cold. My house is pretty well insulated so I don't find that the boiler kicks in during the night at these temperatures.

Comment

Working...
                          X