• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pjturner
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Oct 2004

Solar gain forecasting controller for EUFH ??available

I have a large 13x6metre south facing kitchen extension (with a huge glass orangery roof and total of 10 frames of bifold doors [2x5]) and this is completely heated by 2 zones of electric underfloor heating (2x OJ Microline MCD-2 controllers).

Does anyone know of any system available (with less techy programming than Cortex etc) that uses weather forecast compensation re outside temperature forecast but especially forecast solar gain to control my EUFH circuits?? I do have a homevision with multifuction board that I may be able to use but would prefer a bit more off the shelf solution?

Many thanks for any advice.

Phil, Cheshire.
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

I have a WarmUp electric underfloor controller and that has External Weather Compensation. But it involves installing two sensors, one in the floor and the other externally.

Comment

• pjturner
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Oct 2004

thanks Miranda - do you know what model - altho was hoping any weather compensation could be via web forecast like my good old (and cheap) Owl Intuition system was, even then it had nothing re solar gain parameters (via a forecast). Concept seems simple but suspect still too complex to put into practice to be widely saleable????

Comment

• pjturner
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Oct 2004

oops sorry - Steve - thought you were a magically tech-savvy Miranda

have just read another of your posts...

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

Both the 3ie and the 4ie allow an external sensor. The 4ie is WiFi enabled too. I have that. The silly thing is that the instructions for the external sensor are only in the 3ie.

Comment

Working...
          X