Thread: Solar gain forecasting controller for EUFH ??available

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Solar gain forecasting controller for EUFH ??available

I have a large 13x6metre south facing kitchen extension (with a huge glass orangery roof and total of 10 frames of bifold doors [2x5]) and this is completely heated by 2 zones of electric underfloor heating (2x OJ Microline MCD-2 controllers).

Does anyone know of any system available (with less techy programming than Cortex etc) that uses weather forecast compensation re outside temperature forecast but especially forecast solar gain to control my EUFH circuits?? I do have a homevision with multifuction board that I may be able to use but would prefer a bit more off the shelf solution?

Many thanks for any advice.

Phil, Cheshire.

Automated Home Legend

I have a WarmUp electric underfloor controller and that has External Weather Compensation. But it involves installing two sensors, one in the floor and the other externally.

Automated Home Jr Member

thanks Miranda - do you know what model - altho was hoping any weather compensation could be via web forecast like my good old (and cheap) Owl Intuition system was, even then it had nothing re solar gain parameters (via a forecast). Concept seems simple but suspect still too complex to put into practice to be widely saleable????

Automated Home Jr Member

oops sorry - Steve - thought you were a magically tech-savvy Miranda

have just read another of your posts...

Automated Home Legend

Both the 3ie and the 4ie allow an external sensor. The 4ie is WiFi enabled too. I have that. The silly thing is that the instructions for the external sensor are only in the 3ie.