Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evohome controller as room thermostat

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Mine is set as a Radiator Valve, with the controller being the temperature sensor and no actuator paired.
    Whenever I've tried to do that (although I haven't tried in the recent firmware versions) I just end up with a big fat error in the zone on the main home screen, so I don't know how you got this to work....

Automated Home Legend

I think the question here was slightly different. It was using the Evohome controller simply as a temperature display with no acuator, be it a BDR91 or a Radiator Valve.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    I think the question here was slightly different. It was using the Evohome controller simply as a temperature display with no acuator, be it a BDR91 or a Radiator Valve.
    However as I said, if I try to create a radiator zone with no radiator controller bound, it doesn't matter whether I choose Evohome as the sensor - it still gives me an error on the homepage.

Automated Home Legend

Wonder why it works for me then, and has always done on every panel including CM Zone and Hometronic.

I use that display as a means to see how much a none heated zone is getting heated by the others. My panel is installed on the Landing and that doesn't have a Radiator of its own.
    Last edited by bruce_miranda; 8th December 2017 at 10:51 AM.