• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wilch100
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2017

Evohome controller as room thermostat

Hello, I have recently installed an Evohome system. The Evohome website says that “The evohome controller can act as a room thermostat on its own.” I would like to do this for the Hall zone where the controller is wall mounted, but can’t find any guidance on how to set it up this way. Can anybody help me with how to do this please?
  • mtmcgavock
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2017

Are you using at as just a Smart thermostat or do you also have the HR92s (Radiator controllers) and want to use it as a temperature sensor for the HR92 in the hall?

Comment

• Wilch100
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Nov 2017

I have HR92s in all the other rooms, but no TRV at all in the Hall. Not sure if I can use the controller instead of an HR92 for the radiator in the Hall?

Comment

• paulockenden
        Automated Home Legend
        • Apr 2015

How is the hall radiator going to be controlled if it doesn't have an HR92 attached?

P.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
          Automated Home Legend
          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Wilch100 View Post
          I have HR92s in all the other rooms, but no TRV at all in the Hall. Not sure if I can use the controller instead of an HR92 for the radiator in the Hall?
          The EvoHome controller would need something to control - in your case a HR92 on the hall rad. It can't control something that isn't there.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jul 2014

Yes it can not control something. I have it set that way in my Hall. I have my controller assigned to one zone (Hall) but no HR80 associated with that zone. I keep the set point of that zone at 5C all the time. So basically its just a fancy wall mounted thermometer for the Hall.

Comment

• Wilch100
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Nov 2017

Thank you - do you know what the zone settings should be to do this please?

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jul 2014

Mine is set as a Radiator Valve, with the controller being the temperature sensor and no actuator paired.

Comment

• Wilch100
                  Automated Home Lurker
                  • Nov 2017

I will give that a try - many thanks

Comment

• HenGus
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • May 2014

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                    Yes it can not control something. I have it set that way in my Hall. I have my controller assigned to one zone (Hall) but no HR80 associated with that zone. I keep the set point of that zone at 5C all the time. So basically its just a fancy wall mounted thermometer for the Hall.
                    We have been here before. I believe that the Evotouch can be used just as a thermostat/heating timer; ie, with no TRVs or just standard TRV heads. In such a situation, the house would just be a single zone.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Sep 2014

Mine is set as a Radiator Valve, with the controller being the temperature sensor and no actuator paired.
                      Whenever I've tried to do that (although I haven't tried in the recent firmware versions) I just end up with a big fat error in the zone on the main home screen, so I don't know how you got this to work....

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Jul 2014

I think the question here was slightly different. It was using the Evohome controller simply as a temperature display with no acuator, be it a BDR91 or a Radiator Valve.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Sep 2014

I think the question here was slightly different. It was using the Evohome controller simply as a temperature display with no acuator, be it a BDR91 or a Radiator Valve.
                          However as I said, if I try to create a radiator zone with no radiator controller bound, it doesn't matter whether I choose Evohome as the sensor - it still gives me an error on the homepage.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Jul 2014

Wonder why it works for me then, and has always done on every panel including CM Zone and Hometronic.

I use that display as a means to see how much a none heated zone is getting heated by the others. My panel is installed on the Landing and that doesn't have a Radiator of its own.
                            Last edited by bruce_miranda; 8 December 2017, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X