HR92 not turning openng the radiator valve ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • morpheus
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Apr 2016

HR92 not turning openng the radiator valve ...

Hi there,

I just got an issue yesterday on one of my 10 HR92 radiator valve where although the evotouch was giving instruction to go from 18 to 22 degrees and this 22 degrees instruction is coming and displayed on the HR92, I can not hear the motor running and looks like the HR92 is not opening the valve ...
    The heating system is displaying there is a a demand for heat, but I guess the behavior of the HR92 is completely independant from the heating system ?

Do you know what can cause the HR92 not to open the valve ?
    Do I need to calibrate something or ... ??

Many thanks !!
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

Check if the TRV pin is jammed.

Comment

• morpheus
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Apr 2016

What do you mean ? The small metal pin inside the black turning head ?

I need to dismount it ?

What is worrying me the most is that I can not hear the HR92 motor turning the head when heat demand is present on the HR92 ...

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

check the actual TRV itself. Are you able to push the pin with your thumb.

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
          What do you mean ? The small metal pin inside the black turning head ?

I need to dismount it ?

What is worrying me the most is that I can not hear the HR92 motor turning the head when heat demand is present on the HR92 ...
          Take the whole thing off and make sure you can easily push the pin in and out that you see projecting from the radiator. Push it in and out a few times just in case it needs loosening up. Then put the black bit back without the HR92 and make sure you turn it fully counter clockwise. Then put the HR92 back. Stay by it for a couple of minutes and in that time you should hear it synchronising itself. You will hear it pushing the pin in and comimg back out again. If you do not hear that and you know the pin moves freely then it sounds like you have a faulty HR92.

Comment

• morpheus
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Apr 2016

ok ... there was no issue with the "pin" .... it is moving freely.
            But I remember when you "lock" the white button on the HR92 it starts the Cycle ... According me the lock was not locked.
            I removed it as well as the black piece, turned Counter clock wise, put the HR92 back and locked it, it began to Cycle and all is working fine now.

I have also tested and seen that :

When you mount the black piece on the radiator valve, and turn it anti clock wise (pin is released OUT of the radiator, making 100% heat), the it corresponds to Van Position P100 of the HR92
            When it is completely closed, the pin is entirely inserted INTO the radiator valve and it corresponds to Position P0 of the HR92

Comment

• HenGus
              Automated Home Legend
              • May 2014

ok ... there was no issue with the "pin" .... it is moving freely.
              But I remember when you "lock" the white button on the HR92 it starts the Cycle ... According me the lock was not locked.
              I removed it as well as the black piece, turned Counter clock wise, put the HR92 back and locked it, it began to Cycle and all is working fine now.

I have also tested and seen that :

When you mount the black piece on the radiator valve, and turn it anti clock wise (pin is released OUT of the radiator, making 100% heat), the it corresponds to Van Position P100 of the HR92
              When it is completely closed, the pin is entirely inserted INTO the radiator valve and it corresponds to Position P0 of the HR92
              I have experience of 'trained' installers not activating the lock properly - it is easily done.

Comment

• G4RHL
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
                I have experience of 'trained' installers not activating the lock properly - it is easily done.
                Indeed! I have just placed an order for two Danfoss adaptors. The HR92 is springing off the current one (been on 3 years). Pin movement is fine and I think the threads on the plastic adaptor are not good. One day I will replace the valve with a Honeywell one.

Yes though to locking the HR92 on. It don’t stay on if you don’t do that. I’ll be using the black wheel to adjust the radiatofor for couple of days until the replacement arrives.

Comment

• morpheus
                  Automated Home Sr Member
                  • Apr 2016

sorry I do not get your reply ...
                  I am french speaking

Comment

• G4RHL
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jan 2015

sorry I do not get your reply ...
                    I am french speaking
                    Not sure whose relply you are referring to but if it is my last one, the Honeywell valve I refer to is not the HR92, that is the control head. It’s the valve itself I referred to, the bit that is screwed on to the radiator and the pipes. Mine is 20 years old I suspect needs replacing which I intend to do if and when the boiler packs up.

I ordered the spare adaptor etc. yesterday from a well known business who offer advise in this forum and it arrived this morning. After the HR92 springing off three times yesterday it has not happened again!

Comment

• morpheus
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Apr 2016

ok ... in my case the valve was ok, the small pin was moving freely.
                      the issue I think was with the lock button on the HR92 itself .... the one which when you lock it starts the cycle on the HR92.

Comment

Working...
                      X