Is it possible for HR92 not to activate boiler but be controlled on controller for ti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xrissio
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2016

Is it possible for HR92 not to activate boiler but be controlled on controller for ti

Hi I have some radiators that i would like to be able to programme the opening and closing times but i don't want them to actually trip the boiler into working (they are hallways) is there a way of doing this with the evohome setup?
    Last edited by Xrissio; 1 December 2017, 04:52 PM.
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

The new version of the firmware (which was supposed to be out around xmas time) has, we're told, a feature where a zone can be set to not trigger the boiler.

P.

Comment

• Xrissio
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Mar 2016

oh right thats good to know - so any official update on when the new firmware is due?

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

Based on the fact that it is already Dec, and many of us have not even received the previous firmware version, my money is on this feature being a 2018 release.

Comment

• Xrissio
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Mar 2016

excellent. i'll look forward to 2018 then! what is the last firmware that some people havent received yet?

Comment

• G4RHL
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
            The new version of the firmware (which was supposed to be out around xmas time) has, we're told, a feature where a zone can be set to not trigger the boiler.

P.
            Ah, that mysterious new version of the firmware. As rare as the second coming, perhaps though it has one up on the latter, it won’t happen as there has been no first, but the updated firmware one day will be amongst us and all will be good.

Comment

• IM35461
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Jan 2012

I used to do that by using their more basic model which just follows a time and temperature program stored on the valve.
              Honeywell HR30.

Comment

• Xrissio
                Automated Home Lurker
                • Mar 2016

@Rameses does the latest firmware that you have mentioned on the 4th support this feature?

Comment

• Xrissio
                  Automated Home Lurker
                  • Mar 2016

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post

P.
                  I have the new firmware and I got a new HR92, but i don't seem to be able to bind it and have it set to not trigger the Boiler. Paul or Rameses have you any ideas on this?

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
                    Automated Home Ninja
                    • Jun 2012

HR92 is a combined Actuator and Sensor; it will always fire the heat demand.

If you want this functionality your best bet is something like the Peglar iTemp or Honeywell HR20. They won't work from the base unit or app though.
                    Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• paulockenden
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Xrissio View Post
                      I have the new firmware and I got a new HR92, but i don't seem to be able to bind it and have it set to not trigger the Boiler. Paul or Rameses have you any ideas on this?
                      The new firmware isn’t as flexible as people were expecting. It’s not possible to bind an HR92 to a 'don’t fire the boiler' (electric) zone.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Jul 2014

What about a HR80, where the sensor and actuator are kindda separate? And one tried that?

Comment

Working...
                        X