Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible for HR92 not to activate boiler but be controlled on controller for ti

Automated Home Lurker

Default Is it possible for HR92 not to activate boiler but be controlled on controller

Hi I have some radiators that i would like to be able to programme the opening and closing times but i don't want them to actually trip the boiler into working (they are hallways) is there a way of doing this with the evohome setup?
    Last edited by Xrissio; 1st December 2017 at 04:52 PM.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

The new version of the firmware (which was supposed to be out around xmas time) has, we're told, a feature where a zone can be set to not trigger the boiler.

P.

Automated Home Lurker

oh right thats good to know - so any official update on when the new firmware is due?

Automated Home Legend

Based on the fact that it is already Dec, and many of us have not even received the previous firmware version, my money is on this feature being a 2018 release.

Automated Home Lurker

excellent. i'll look forward to 2018 then! what is the last firmware that some people havent received yet?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    The new version of the firmware (which was supposed to be out around xmas time) has, we're told, a feature where a zone can be set to not trigger the boiler.

P.
    Ah, that mysterious new version of the firmware. As rare as the second coming, perhaps though it has one up on the latter, it won’t happen as there has been no first, but the updated firmware one day will be amongst us and all will be good.

Automated Home Sr Member

I used to do that by using their more basic model which just follows a time and temperature program stored on the valve.
    Honeywell HR30.

Automated Home Lurker

@Rameses does the latest firmware that you have mentioned on the 4th support this feature?

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post

P.
    I have the new firmware and I got a new HR92, but i don't seem to be able to bind it and have it set to not trigger the Boiler. Paul or Rameses have you any ideas on this?

Automated Home Ninja Dan_Robinson's Avatar

HR92 is a combined Actuator and Sensor; it will always fire the heat demand.

If you want this functionality your best bet is something like the Peglar iTemp or Honeywell HR20. They won't work from the base unit or app though.
    Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)