• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nad
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jul 2008

Remembering Light States

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how to store the existing states of a number of lights prior to them all being turned off? I know it sounds a bit abstract so I'll put it in an example scenario

There is an open plan area which is divided into rooms within Cortex. The main zone has sub-zones 1, 2 and 3 and all have a number of lights, dimmable and non-dimmable. There are a number of occasions where occupancy will be in sub-zone 3 but the lights would only be left on in sub-zone 1 or there may be some on in sub-zone 2 and sub-zone 3 or even all the lights may be on at 100% or another dim level.

What I would like to do is to have the lighting come back on to the exact same settings when the main zone goes from occupied - unoccupied - occupied. At the moment this is done manually and I have a macro that resets dim levels and turns off all the lights when the main zone moves into the unoccupied state. Going the other way doesn't seem to be as easy. I was wondering if it would be possible to write the current states to a virtual object or some sort of variable and then recall it when the main zone becomes occupied?

Thanks,
    Nad
  • chris_j_hunter
    Automated Home Legend
    • Dec 2007

two approaches we've used, for remembering ...

1 - General Logic & Scenes ... assuming not too many scenes would be needed

2 - General Logic & virtual relays or bit counters (suitably wired / connected virtual ODOs) that are adjusted in-parallel with the lights ...

could expand, but you probably get the idea(s) ...

Chris
    Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 4 December 2017, 02:49 PM. Reason: typo
    Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

Working...
    X