• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdp80
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2016

Local override keeps re-enabling itself

I have small children who love to spin the dial on the HR92s and randomly heat a room up (seem to have stopped pulling the screens off, but that's another thread)

So I have all zones set with local override disabled, but for some reason, the first zone resets the setting to enable !

Anyone seen this before? Wifi controller, zone has 2x HR92
  • morpheus
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Apr 2016

I had reported this issue more than a year ago to Honeywell Belgium, and they got support from Honeywell UK who investigated logging in ly system to see what happens.
    I got the following explanation and workaround ... not sure it has been deployed in any fix yet ...

Below is the anwser from Honeywell :

I have a fix but would like to try a second test before we apply it (if they are willing)
    Can they remove and replace the batteries in the HR92 BUT don’t do this within 4 minutes of the hour or half past the hour ie not between hh:00 and hh:04 or hh:30 and hh:34.
    “The problem is due to HR92 sending an Hourly info report, which will overwrite the EVOHome’s requested temperature for that zone (which is an issue if the temperature has just been changed in the EVOHome and hasn’t been communicated with the HR92 yet (due to 4min sync slots)).
    The given solution will reschedule the hourly legacy info report to not interfere with the program. “
    “ It is partly random (cycle de 4min).
    The timing of the max 4 min transmit window as the Evo sends the message to the HR92 is constantly being reset – the next transmission time is sent as part of the regular communications. Messages do vary in length as the interval between messages will also vary (its part of the randomisation that prevents everybody in the system talking together)
    The transmission of the change of setpoint might also be part way through the regular 4 min cycle so it could be that sometimes the 1 hour message just gets in while the next day it arrives just after the message is received by the HR92.
    Please ask the customer to reset the other zones, the cause and solution is known and we don’t want this to continue impacting his system. “

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

I think you're confusing two different problems. jdp80 is saying that the "local override disable" setting in the zone configuration is resetting itself back to enabled, so that his kids can fiddle with the temperature on the HR92.

Haven't seen this myself yet (and I do have a few zones locked because of a 20 month old ) but there was another post about this problem a few weeks back.

Comment

• morpheus
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Apr 2016

you are correct, out of scope here

Comment

Working...
        X