X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mtmcgavock
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2017

Set up two electric head demands this morning (Was actually for wet UFH but we'll not get into that ) and all seems to work correctly (No demands apart from the BDR91 paired to that zone).

Still struggling with overshoots on two different systems however still could be the warmer weather as it's 10oc here this morning.

Comment

• roydonaldson
      Automated Home Guru
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by mtmcgavock View Post
      Set up two electric head demands this morning (Was actually for wet UFH but we'll not get into that ) and all seems to work correctly (No demands apart from the BDR91 paired to that zone).

Still struggling with overshoots on two different systems however still could be the warmer weather as it's 10oc here this morning.
      Does anyone know if Optimisation is being applied to Electric Heating Zones ?

It would be expensive if it started bringing them on up to 3 hours earlier if you didn't want them on that early.

Roy.

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by roydonaldson View Post
        Does anyone know if Optimisation is being applied to Electric Heating Zones ?

It would be expensive if it started bringing them on up to 3 hours earlier if you didn't want them on that early.

Roy.
        I don't understand the question. If you have optimisation enabled it means you want the room to reach the target at the specified time, rather than some hours after the specified time.

It (assuming it does optimisation on electric zones) will work out how early to bring it on to reach that target. It would only bring it on "up to 3 hours earlier" if the room actually took 3 hours to heat up. Does your room really take that long ?

Comment

• mtmcgavock
          Automated Home Legend
          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
          I don't understand the question. If you have optimisation enabled it means you want the room to reach the target at the specified time, rather than some hours after the specified time.

It (assuming it does optimisation on electric zones) will work out how early to bring it on to reach that target. It would only bring it on "up to 3 hours earlier" if the room actually took 3 hours to heat up. Does your room really take that long ?
          I have to agree with this, surely if you've got optimisation turned on you'd be setting your times accordingly anyway?

As confirmed by Honeywell TPI is enabled so I would assume optimisation is too. It's set up on my parents system so I can't monitor it as well, also the underfloor only goes off for 5 hours at night so i'd have to be awake at 5am to see if brings it on

Comment

• Andy the Minion
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Nov 2017

Originally posted by Dan_Robinson View Post
            I wonder if it can pick up the weather data over Opentherm because mine is saying 11 degrees when the boiler is reporting 11.4 degrees? Assorted other services are saying 10 degrees which is more accurate than normal.

Also though. I have zero % demand on the zones, but the heat demand is asking for 27%. The OT monitor is saying there is a control setpoint of 39 being asked of the heating. Although SWMBO is having a shower at the moment so the boiler is in hot water mode.

Bizarre.
            Dan Correct, if there is an actual outside temperature sensor it will pick that up by preference
            Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Comment

• roydonaldson
              Automated Home Guru
              • Jan 2013

I'm not actually using it to heat the bathroom up. It already has 2 large radiators in it and I'm simply using the EUF heating to warm the floor tiles. As such, I'm happy for it to be on for 45 minutes while I'm in, but not really for 2 hours plus the 45minutes perhaps.

Comment

• Andy the Minion
                Automated Home Sr Member
                • Nov 2017

Now at 1:50pm the controller reading has changed from 5 to 6 degrees, while the iOS app is still reporting 8 degrees.

At least for my location, it doesn't even appear that the controller and iOS app are using the same weather data.... as if it was just delayed it should have caught up to 8 degrees now instead of changing from 5 to 6.
                I have part of an answer, there are two weather services being used, one for the App and a different one for the device. I dont know the reason for this... but it is as it is for the moment. There will always be a difference between actual temperatures and what the t’internet claims so its kind of a choice who you believe.
                Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
                  Automated Home Ninja
                  • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Andy the Minion View Post
                  I have part of an answer, there are two weather services being used, one for the App and a different one for the device. I dont know the reason for this... but it is as it is for the moment. There will always be a difference between actual temperatures and what the t’internet claims so its kind of a choice who you believe.
                  I think, as long as it doesn't have an effect on the optimisation then the odd degree isn't an issue. Evohome really should incorporate the data in the optimization routine however (the T4 does for heavens sake ) , in which case, it can have quite an effect on the curve.

Going for a full rebuild of my system in the next few days to see if I can lose the mystery demand for heat.

I have two options. Lose the Hcc80 fit a load of HR91 heads in lieu of the thermoelectric actuators. Or rebind the system with the Hcc80 using the zones as ufh again instead of telling evo it is rads....n

Which is how it used to be, but was running an experiment by binding the Hcc80 as radiator actuators based on some thoughts from RB.
                  Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• Andy the Minion
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Nov 2017

Another interesting thing to note.

My mixing valve zone is running (pump etc) but the demand screen is still saying 0%.
                    The mixing valve controller was designed for the German market decades ago and didn't ever control boilers (the Germans hanging on to OTC control for grim death) so no it won't give a demand. There is a hack used by the Belgians to get a demand but it's not perfect. Once the Mixing valve controller is bound, change the zone to a zone valve and Evo will take over the demand calculation and will fire the boiler.

Comment

• Andy the Minion
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Nov 2017

I think, as long as it doesn't have an effect on the optimisation then the odd degree isn't an issue. Evohome really should incorporate the data in the optimization routine however (the T4 does for heavens sake ) , in which case, it can have quite an effect on the curve.

Going for a full rebuild of my system in the next few days to see if I can lose the mystery demand for heat.

I have two options. Lose the Hcc80 fit a load of HR91 heads in lieu of the thermoelectric actuators. Or rebind the system with the Hcc80 using the zones as ufh again instead of telling evo it is rads....n

Which is how it used to be, but was running an experiment by binding the Hcc80 as radiator actuators based on some thoughts from RB.
                      Dan Remember the 30cm Rf separation rule if you are going to fit HR91 on a underfloor manifold and that the control of an underfloor loop is entirely different to a radiator. It would be a bit like comparing a warm air system to a radiator, the time constants will be way off and heading towards heating control crulty.....anybody know if the RSPCC's remit covers this?
                      I'm also not sure if the bind messages are the same so the computer may well 'say no'.
                      BTW, What do you think that T4 algorithm does with outside temperature?

Comment

• Scedwar
                        Automated Home Lurker
                        • Dec 2017

I’m new to the forum and only got the Evohome the week before Christmas. Must be new hardware as my firmware is v2 but not new enough for the heating demand % details:
                        App: 02.00.11.21
                        WiFi: 02.00.11.00

I’m with everyone else on the forum, makes complete sense to see on the home screen which zone is calling for heat. I’ve had a few overruns in the past week (usually after returning from being out) and simple debugging is impossible.

One thing I’ve noticed is a € symbol appearing occasionally in the bottom right of the box that shows the room temperature (not the desired temperature). I can’t find any reference to it in the manuals or online. It isn’t the economy symbol, which appears below it in the target temperature box. Any ideas? Is this new undocumented in the firmware. I’ve seen it on our first floor landing radiator with an HR92 that is normally is set to a lower target temperature than it is currently at.

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
                          Automated Home Ninja
                          • Jun 2012

Dan Remember the 30cm Rf separation rule if you are going to fit HR91 on a underfloor manifold and that the control of an underfloor loop is entirely different to a radiator. It would be a bit like comparing a warm air system to a radiator, the time constants will be way off and heading towards heating control crulty.....anybody know if the RSPCC's remit covers this?
                          I'm also not sure if the bind messages are the same so the computer may well 'say no'.
                          BTW, What do you think that T4 algorithm does with outside temperature?
                          We were told that the t4 can use weather sensor data to enhance optimisation etc. (brain turning to mush I'm afraid the terminology is going).

Referring to my system, I thought the mixing valve bug had been fixed. Will change it back to a zone valve. I assume we just get out of the screen when it asks to bind things again?

On the HR91 front.... I was going to physically remove the actuators and put TRVs on the rads. Rather than the manifold.

I'd only need to put a HR91 on one of the loops because of the type of rad. I also have DTS92e in every room to acknowledge as remote sensors.
                          Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• slimakwielki
                            Automated Home Lurker
                            • Feb 2017

Hi guys. Just wonder wheter ver 2 evohome is offcially pushed now as my understanding is it should have been updated autom. before Christmas (mine showing ver 1)? Is there any way to request ver 2 onto device? Many thanks, Jack

Comment

• Andy the Minion
                              Automated Home Sr Member
                              • Nov 2017

Scedwar Would it be this icon?
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Andy the Minion; 27 December 2017, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Scedwar
                                Automated Home Lurker
                                • Dec 2017

Scedwar Would it be this icon?
                                That't the one. Thanks. All the manuals I've looked at don't show that symbol on the equivalent page.

Comment

Working...
                                X