• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • duckworp
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Dec 2017

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Call Honeywell support ? Everyone else here seems to have the update some time ago ?
    Could you tell me which update you are referring to? I am running app 01.00.07.01 and wifi 01.00.06.10. Is this the latest one? I asked to be upgraded to version .02 which was discussed in this forum but was told by Honeywell that this is still in testing mode so was not available. I am in the UK, if that makes a difference.

Comment

• MrBoy
      Automated Home Guru
      • May 2017

Something not right there... Any time the window function activates it you should get a window icon displayed in the zone on the controller and the set point will be shown as 5 degrees and in obvious blue. The phone app unfortunately does not have a window icon, however it will show the set point has changed to 5 degrees, and it will appear as if there is no override. (no override icon) If both are still showing the original set point instead of 5 degrees then it seems that the message from the HR92 reporting it went into window mode is not getting through to the controller.

Are you sure you didn't disable window mode in the zone configuration in the controller ?

There are several settings:

11-Win type. 0=window mode disabled, 1=window mode enabled using the built in temperature sensor, (default) 2=window mode enabled using the remote window sensor switch.

3-Win time. How long window mode remains active if the temperature stays cold - 30, 60 or 90 minutes, before going back to the previous set point.

4-Win Dec. How many degrees the temperature has to drop in a short space of time before triggering window mode. 0.2 - 2 degrees. Defaults to 0.6 degrees. I can't find any reference to what period of time is considered to be a "short time" but it's probably around 4 minutes. If you increase this value you make window detection less sensitive as it needs a greater drop in temperature to trigger it

5-Win Inc. How many degrees the temperature must rise again in a short period of time before window mode is cancelled early. (Before the timeout set in option 3) Defaults to 0.2 degrees. If you close an open door and this triggers the measured temperature to increase by 0.2 degrees or more in a "short time" window mode is cancelled immediately. Increasing this value makes it less sensitive to cancelling window mode.

If you want to desensitise window mode but leave it enabled so it works when a door or window is left wide open, increase the value in option 4 - I've done this in a few specific locations that were tripping too easily but where I still wanted it to activate if for example the back door was left wide open for a while. If you want to disable it altogether set option 11 to 0.
      Do what's going on here then?
      Pictures taken in order, first one when I noticed it was in window mode after I turned this off: IMG_20180306_231345.jpgIMG_20180306_231358.jpgIMG_20180306_231402.jpgIMG_20180306_231408.jpgIMG_20180306_231425.jpg

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by MrBoy View Post
        Do what's going on here then?
        Pictures taken in order, first one when I noticed it was in window mode after I turned this off: [ATTACH=CONFIG]1237[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1238[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1239[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1240[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1241[/ATTACH]
        Setting 11 to 0 is the correct way to disable it - I just checked in the HR92 user guide. Hmm...

Is that the only HR92 in that zone ? If you have multiple ones in the zone you would need to disable it on all of them as any one of them could trigger window mode for the overall zone. If you have multiple HR92's in the zone did they all say window ?

Is there a wall stat like a DTS92 in the zone ? In my own testing in a zone with an HR92 and DTS92 I found that the wall stat did not perform any window detection (even shoving it in a freezer for 5 mins didn't trigger it) but maybe that's not the case if you use the evotouch or a YT87RF as the zone sensor.

A couple of things you could try - try disabling window mode in the zone configuration in the controller itself - I haven't tried that before but I presume it would work ??

Or just increase option 4 quite a bit to reduce the sensitivity. Maybe someone else will have some ideas.

Comment

• rotor
          Automated Home Guru
          • Aug 2015

Maybe reboot the HR92 by briefly opening the battery top?

Comment

• Shaun Reinson
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Feb 2017

How strange, I had this exact same problem last week. Window function came on, I disabled on the HR92 but it was seemingly ignored - and came on again later in the day.

Probably just needed a reboot and all that - but funny how someone else has the same......

Comment

• Jahill
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Dec 2017

Not a new problem with this firmware. I first reported the problem nearly two years ago. See my posts linked to in the clock stopped thread you link to above...

I've had this happen 3 or 4 times now over the last 2 1/2 years. In all cases a reboot of the controller (batteries out while not on the dock) was required to rectify it.

It's not just that the time is wrong, the clock actually stops updating and gets "stuck" at one point in time indefinitely, hence the schedule stops running.
              [Edit: Updated to say the problem below was confirmed to be a fault with one of the Honeywell valves that seems to have become stuck a few weeks after it was installed. I'm a little surprised, given the V4043B are meant to fail open]

I’m going to add a me too. This evening I felt the house getting colder, so I checked the rads to find them cold and reading a room temp of 20c (2c below their set temperature).

I checked the boiler, which showed a 70c water temp (we’re using the opentherm system) and the controller showed 100% demand for three rooms. Checking the pipework on the bypass valve, the water was definitely piping hot.

We have a hot water priority system, so the only way I think this could happen is if the hot water valve relay didn’t get switched off by the evohome controller, but the opentherm system was still setting the set point of the boiler for the heating (rather the the hot water).

A power reset of the controller fixed this, but I hate to think what would have happened if we were away when it dropped to -10c earlier this month...

PS There is no schedule in our case, we worked out it costs pretty much the same to keep the house up to temperature 24 hours a day.
              Last edited by Jahill; 24 March 2018, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• G4RHL
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jan 2015

Why Christmas? Both the software in the Control Panel and the IOS app seem old and clunky that by now one would expect it to have been sorted. I am coming up to 4 years of use and not a lot has happened to improve either, despite all the helpful comments in this forum.

Comment

• IM35461
                  Automated Home Sr Member
                  • Jan 2012

I also noticed today that my unit is displaying the correct time to the second. So miracles can happen?

Comment

• G4RHL
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by IM35461 View Post
                    I also noticed today that my unit is displaying the correct time to the second. So miracles can happen?
                    Not happening where I am. I am still 2 minutes fast,

Comment

• IM35461
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Jan 2012

My zones are all set to go to 7c at 22:30 (no optimisation set) so I was surprised that the boiler was starting up at 22:50

Checking the controller it said there was a 27% demand from the kitchen.

Checking the kitchen HR92 it said 7c as expected with an ambient of over 19c.

Comment

• Stevedh
                        Automated Home Guru
                        • Mar 2017

Just a quick comment.
                        Recently got evohome, it was stuck on 02.00.11, messaged customer support yesterday and they replied and pushed the new firmware today. I included its mac in the messages as I assume thats needed.

Comment

• morpheus
                          Automated Home Sr Member
                          • Apr 2016

CRAZY !!! We are September 2018, and I just got the following automated mail from honeywell ... 2 and an half year after issue reported !!!
                          I can not check if "Phantom override" issue is solved, because I had applied at that time the workaround with the batteries that Honeywel provided, but I see now I am with SW version :

Application SW Version : 02.00.17.03
                          Wifi SW Version : 02.00.17.00

########################
                          Dear Sir, Madam
                          You recently contacted Honeywell with a technical support issue. Following is a summary of your support ticket. Please review and respond to the question below.
                          Ticket number: 02382098
                          Email address:
                          Subject: Evohome displays derogation
                          Date ticket created: 1/4/2016
                          We believe we have resolved your request. Would you agree that we can close your case?
                          If you disagree a member of our team will follow up with you.

Thank you,
                          Honeywell Technical Support

########################

Comment

• Jahill
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Dec 2017

Yep, I keep getting these emails, despite them never bothering to contact me about the issue

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                            CRAZY !!! We are September 2018, and I just got the following automated mail from honeywell ... 2 and an half year after issue reported !!!
                            I can not check if "Phantom override" issue is solved, because I had applied at that time the workaround with the batteries that Honeywel provided, but I see now I am with SW version :

Application SW Version : 02.00.17.03
                            Wifi SW Version : 02.00.17.00

########################
                            Dear Sir, Madam
                            You recently contacted Honeywell with a technical support issue. Following is a summary of your support ticket. Please review and respond to the question below.
                            Ticket number: 02382098
                            Email address:
                            Subject: Evohome displays derogation
                            Date ticket created: 1/4/2016
                            We believe we have resolved your request. Would you agree that we can close your case?
                            If you disagree a member of our team will follow up with you.

Thank you,
                            Honeywell Technical Support

########################

Comment

• Stevedh
                              Automated Home Guru
                              • Mar 2017

I saw something odd a couple of days ago and thought there had been another firmware update.
                              The zones that were calling for heat had a symbol on the front screen, not the idle screen, but the one you get when you tap that.
                              Today when I thought I'd check it properly, I haven't been able to get it to do it again, and the firmware is the standard .17 one.
                              The symbol was displayed on the bottom right of the big current temperature number so I'm pretty sure it wasn't one of the standard ones.
                              hmm

Comment

• morpheus
                                Automated Home Sr Member
                                • Apr 2016

at the bottom right it is the chronometer appearing meaning there is a derogation ... (and obviously when THERE IS a derogation).

Comment

Working...
                                X