X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stevedh
    Automated Home Guru
    • Mar 2017

I had to look that word up, so I may have misinterpreted you. It was not one of the override symbols (little clock or oval) if that's what you meant, I thought it looked a bit like a colourful lightening bolt.
    If that wasn't what you meant could you explain to a relative noob like me.
    thanks

Comment

• paulockenden
      Automated Home Legend
      • Apr 2015

Don't think any of the icons are colourful. They are all just plain symbols.

Wonder what it was that you saw? if you see it again grab a photo!

Comment

• Alan C
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Apr 2017

Do you have optimisation set? It sounds like the symbol you get when a zone has come on early to achieve the set point at the defined time in the schedule. It is like a squiggly orange arrow pointing upwards in the bottom right corner of that zone’s actual temperature display,

Regards,

Alan.

Comment

• Stevedh
          Automated Home Guru
          • Mar 2017

Ok yes thats it, Thanks
          I only recently put optimisation on so hadn't seen it before, oh well was boring then
          That aside what I really want is call status added to the webapi.

Comment

• DBMandrake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Sep 2014

Call status ?

Comment

• paulockenden
              Automated Home Legend
              • Apr 2015

Head demand per zone.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Sep 2014

Ah. Don't we all want that ?

I don't see why heat demand is so super secret. The Tado iPhone app actually shows the heat demand from zones as an overlay in the temperature graph - very nice. Nothing comparable on the Honeywell side.

Comment

• Stevedh
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Mar 2017

Yes head demand per zone and controller... maybe if someone could persuade Honeywell that they are loosing customers to alternatives because of their better apps/sites then they might do something, however I 'spose your average user doesn't care, on the other hand evohome is kind of a premium product..

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jul 2014

Firmware updates are like Christmas presents. One a year just before Christmas. So are we likely to have one in 2018?

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Stevedh View Post
                      Yes head demand per zone and controller... maybe if someone could persuade Honeywell that they are loosing customers to alternatives because of their better apps/sites then they might do something, however I 'spose your average user doesn't care, on the other hand evohome is kind of a premium product..
                      I think to an extent Honeywell has for so long been a supplier to industry and businesses that it tends to forget the requirements of the domestic scene. I have no complaints with its products but it seems half finished when you look at the app and what it can tell you, never mind its incompatibility with the iPad. Plus the control panel is sort of ponderous to operate. My wife expects it to react as her iPad does when she touches and other devices but it doesn’t. I am used to changing schedules and know where to go. It is not so easy for non tech users and the elderly. Many software writers never seem to address that point.

Comment

• dmsims
                        Automated Home Lurker
                        • Nov 2015

The best thing you can say about the Evohome apps are that they work, just!

So many opportunities to improve usability

Comment

• mtmcgavock
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by dmsims View Post
                          The best thing you can say about the Evohome apps are that they work, just!

So many opportunities to improve usability
                          I can't say I use the App very much. The only time I use it is when returning from holidays, or when we've been out late and want to boost the Living Room rad. It's pretty much set and forget with me....

But yeah, the Apps aren't great and so much could have been done with it. Maybe that's why I never use it!

Comment

• djb61
                            Automated Home Lurker
                            • Nov 2019

I purchased an evohome system about 4 months ago and finally got to installing it around a month ago. Checking the software version I get:
                            Application Software Version: 02.00.11.21
                            WiFi Software Version: 02.00.17.00

So the wifi software is upto date with the version in this thread but I seem to be on an old application version. I had assumed that it would auto update itself at some point but after a number of weeks I am starting to suspect that won't happen. Was version 02.00.17.03 fully released and if so can anyone tell me how I go about getting the update?

Comment

• jb80
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Aug 2018

Originally posted by djb61 View Post
                              ... how I go about getting the update?
                              Email Resideo (Honeywell) at consumersupportuk@honeywellhome.com
                              They can push the software update manually if you provide your MAC and CRC numbers.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Jul 2014

Wow, so it's now been 2 years since the last firmware and no new Evohome replacement products too. What's up Honeywell.

Comment

Working...
                                X