Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 222728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: New evohome FW - update WiFi 02.00.17.00 and Application 02.00.17.03

Automated Home Guru

The counter-argument would be non-savvy users wouldn't know what to do, though I'm not sure how many such people would install such a complex system?

You could just put a big popup on the controller "UPDATE READY FOR INSTALL".

Honeywell presumably want everyone to update as fast as possible so they can kill off support for the old version - for them forcing everyone to update makes life a lot easier than supporting a whole range of versions when people don't want to update.

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by MrBoy View Post
    That's precisely what I'd envisaged. And if it had gone unanswered for a week, Honeywell could email you to tell you that it's there (because not everyone has their controller somewhere they'd see it).

Automated Home Sr Member

At the very least the update should automatically do a restart at the end.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by robj20 View Post
    At the very least the update should automatically do a restart at the end.
    The update does restart the controller. (Twice actually, once after the wifi update and a second time after the application update)

That's why the hour glasses appear saying that it doesn't know what the zone temperatures are for a while. What leads you to suspect that your controller didn't reboot after updating ?

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MrBoy View Post
    The counter-argument would be non-savvy users wouldn't know what to do, though I'm not sure how many such people would install such a complex system?

Honeywell presumably want everyone to update as fast as possible so they can kill off support for the old version - for them forcing everyone to update makes life a lot easier than supporting a whole range of versions when people don't want to update.
    Honeywell's version of "as fast as possible" is pretty weird. It's now Feb and I still haven't got the update. I have the v2 wifi firmware, but the application firmware is still 1.00.07.01 -- I check every single morning to see if I got the update.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    The update does restart the controller. (Twice actually, once after the wifi update and a second time after the application update)

That's why the hour glasses appear saying that it doesn't know what the zone temperatures are for a while. What leads you to suspect that your controller didn't reboot after updating ?
    Because my heating didn't switch on until i took the batteries out.

Automated Home Jr Member

Just updated to this version and now have a ghost zone on my app (never had it before) any tips how to get rid. I thought this software was supposed to finally fix it

IMG_3540.jpg

IMG_3541.jpg
    Last edited by Scointer; 5th February 2018 at 10:01 PM.

Automated Home Ninja Dan_Robinson's Avatar

Delete the location from your account portal, then, set it up again with the Mac and CRC numbers.
    Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Robinson View Post
    Delete the location from your account portal, then, set it up again with the Mac and CRC numbers.
    That's sorted it. Thanks

Automated Home Jr Member philchillbill's Avatar

Just curious if the heat demand per zone that's now hidden inside the settings will be exposed via an API endpoint? Anybody at Honeywell know this?