• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dty
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Aug 2016

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
    I'm assuming your first picture (very hard to read) is a report from Domoticz with an HGI80 or equivalent ?
    Equivalent, yes.

So the percentage value shown in the controller for each zone is not the raw pin position sent by the HR92's, but rather the contribution from that zone towards sending an actual heat demand to the boiler, which won't happen until some threshold value from the HR92 is reached, probably around 40%. Make sense ?
    A sigmoid function. If that's right, I'm surprised it's not done by the HR92, to be honest.

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by dty View Post
      A sigmoid function. If that's right, I'm surprised it's not done by the HR92, to be honest.
      Possibly, but I'm thinking it may just be a dead band at the bottom with a linear expansion of the rest of the range to the full 0-100%. Anything more complex than that is probably unnecessary.

As to why they would send the raw value from the HR92 and do the processing in the controller - probably because the HR92's aren't firmware upgradable and the controller is - it leaves them with more flexibility in the future on how to process that raw value.

Comment

• Krejt
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Jan 2016

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
        We have to remember that most users probably aren't like us. If stuff like this IS to appear on the main screen it should be via an optional 'nerd' mode. For the average user the interface needs to be kept clean and simple.
        I don't care too much about the heat demand per zone being hidden in the installer settings, but lets all ask for this info to be uploaded to the TCC site and made available to us through the API ?!

Krejt.
        Evohomeclient temperatures on ThingSpeak: https://thingspeak.com/channels/79213

Comment

• Andy the Minion
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Nov 2017

Originally posted by IM35461 View Post
          I took my one out of the cradle and it is warm at the bottom charging the what I think used to be called a nicd battery.

My infrared thermometer tells me it is 3.2f warmer than the shelf it stands on. Thus this room is a little cold at 67.1f
          The room unit does try to compensate for battery charging, and the multiple temperature sensors in the unit are as far away from internal sources of heat, such as the processors as possible. It is also trying to correct for the difference in typical mounting positions and the 'real' room temperature 1.5m above the ground in the middle of the room ... its trying, but it wont always be perfect.
          Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Comment

• IM35461
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Jan 2012

My ones clock is still 32 seconds out so I guess that minor bug has not been fixed.

Outside temperature only displayed with no decimal point e.g. 10c and I wonder how often it updates?

I can understand not wanting to change the main screen without making sure all owners know about it in advance.

Perhaps a system updated message with a weblink (if the unit has enough storage) or maybe an extra screensaver that displays the demand data and the correct time (thus no change to existing UI).

Comment

• HenGus
              Automated Home Legend
              • May 2014

Originally posted by IM35461 View Post

I can understand not wanting to change the main screen without making sure all owners know about it in advance.
              I am not sure of the logic behind these changes. The HW icon offers no added value and I preferred the simple red/blue spot. As far the heating demands are concerned, I question who the information is targeted at? If it is for remote diagnostic monitoring by Honeywell then so be it: the information is best left in the installer settings. I am pretty sure that 99% of Evohome owners (and I include myself in this category will be unable to interpret the information in any meaningful way). Based on a sample of 2 installers that I have used recently, I can say with confidence that at least 50% wouldn't have a clue about the meaning or potential use of the displayed information.

Comment

• paulockenden
                Automated Home Legend
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
                As far the heating demands are concerned, I question who the information is targeted at?
                US!!!!

It's been the single most requested enhancement requested via these forums!

P

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
                  Automated Home Ninja
                  • Jun 2012

Bets that is mine. Bloody bt killed my connection on the weekend. Should be fixed a afternoon.
                  Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• paulockenden
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Apr 2015

I hope you get a proper BT/Openreach engineer, rather than a 'Kelly'....

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
                      Automated Home Ninja
                      • Jun 2012

Thanks.... But I have little faith in either. It's been Sheen since Sunday
                      Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• DBMandrake
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Sep 2014

Ok not wanting to look stupid here, but can someone explain what the new hot water "boost" function actually does ?

It's not clear at all from the UI what it does, and it doesn't seem to do what I assumed it would - which is to provide a temporary timed boost in hot water temperature, for example to allow you to run a deeper bath...

But.... a) There is no way to specify what the "boosted" hot water temperature is - either in the normal UI or the stored hot water configuration, and b) the boost option doesn't seem to let you choose how long to boost for - you can't combine the boost option with a timed override as they seem to be mutually exclusive in the UI.

I tried turning the boost on and waited a while - and nothing happened. No attempt to heat the water hotter than normal occurred. (HW relay stayed off)

So I'm at a loss to understand what it actually does and how it is useful ?
                        Last edited by DBMandrake; 21 December 2017, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Mar 2017

Ok not wanting to look stupid here, but can someone explain what the new hot water "boost" function actually does ?

It's not clear at all from the UI what it does, and it doesn't seem to do what I assumed it would - which is to provide a temporary timed boost in hot water temperature, for example to allow you to run a deeper bath...

But.... a) There is no way to specify what the "boosted" hot water temperature is - either in the normal UI or the stored hot water configuration, and b) the boost option doesn't seem to let you choose how long to boost for - you can't combine the boost option with a timed override as they seem to be mutually exclusive in the UI.

I tried turning the boost on and waited a while - and nothing happened. No attempt to heat the water hotter than normal occurred. (HW relay stayed off)

So I'm at a loss to understand what it actually does and how it is useful ?
                          I assumed it was just like a normal time clock, maybe to either + 1 hour or advanced it till the next off time. I haven't tried it yet so don't know which it is. I don't think it boosts the actual temperature.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by mtmcgavock View Post
                            I assumed it was just like a normal time clock, maybe to either + 1 hour or advanced it till the next off time. I haven't tried it yet so don't know which it is. I don't think it boosts the actual temperature.
                            If that's true then I don't see the use of it - how does that differ from the existing timed override facility ? And at least with timed override you can say how long you want it overridden for, this "boost" option does't allow you to adjust the end time. Doesn't make sense.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Mar 2017

If that's true then I don't see the use of it - how does that differ from the existing timed override facility ? And at least with timed override you can say how long you want it overridden for, this "boost" option does't allow you to adjust the end time. Doesn't make sense.
                              I assume it's just an easier option. Like my parents are used to the +1 button on their old Honeywell clock, when they upgraded to EvoHome they lost that feature. And although it's easy to you and me to set a time to override it to, you have to do it in three steps, Turn it to ON, set the off time and then press the green tick. Where as now you can just press Boost. Which for someone who isn't as used to the system as we are is much easier IMO.

It would be good if they actually did a BOOST function for the heating side of things (Yes you can do custom action but that will only let you set it for a date not a number of hours like Eco mode, and I forget to turn mine off) where you could plus all zones on for X amount of hours at the current set temp. Rather than having to do each one manually.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Sep 2014

Again, the way it behaves makes no sense to me. It's currently 5:30pm and my hot water is scheduled to be ON until 10pm.

If I choose boost it makes it appear that hot water will be scheduled on until 11pm. So that's it ? It just adds one hour to next scheduled off time ? If so, colour me unimpressed. It doesn't actually add any new functionality. I was looking forward to being able to boost my hot water temperature by 5 degrees for running baths but no such luck...

Comment

Working...
                                X