Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 375

Thread: New evohome FW - update WiFi 02.00.17.00 and Application 02.00.17.03

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Default New evohome FW - update WiFi 02.00.17.00 and Application 02.00.17.03

    All

    We have decided to skip the intermediate update and combine into a more major update. By doing this we can make best use of the deployment roll out window and get out to you quicker.

    Our Beta tester & F&F testers would have received this over weekend, and by tomorrow (takes a few days, the push servers do in blocks based on verification and retries)

    If final testing goes well - you should have this well in time for Christmas.

    WiFi 02.00.17.00 and Application 02.00.17.03
    - Hot water boost function (if you have Stored HW)
    - Icon change on Hot water
    - Wi-Fi channels 12/13 fix
    - Ghost zone fix (for the few users that still had it)
    - Heat demand per zone is indicated (inside settings)
    - Electric zone support
    - Outside weather display
    - Plus other maintenance and security improvements
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

  2. #2
    Automated Home Legend
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post

    - Heat demand per zone is indicated (inside settings)

    -
    Can you provide more info? I think that most of us were hoping for a simple flame icon against each zone.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HenGus View Post
    Can you provide more info? I think that most of us were hoping for a simple flame icon against each zone.
    evo1.jpg

    evo 2.jpg

    Sorry these are blurry. Demand will show % against the zone which is calling for it, under the settings menu.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

  4. #4
    Automated Home Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    Sorry these are blurry. Demand will show % against the zone which is calling for it, under the settings menu.
    Inside the normal settings menu or the system installer menu ? It looks like the latter but its hard to see in the picture.

    A little bit disappointing if there is no indication on the home screen and it is only available in the "hidden" installer menu that most normal users will not know about.

    An icon indicating an approximate no/low/med/high heat demand on the home screen for each zone and the actual percentage in the settings menu as depicted would have been ideal, but I'll take what I can get! It sure will make troubleshooting phantom heat demand issues a lot easier.

  5. #5
    Automated Home Legend
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Inside the normal settings menu or the system installer menu ? It looks like the latter but its hard to see in the picture.

    A little bit disappointing if there is no indication on the home screen and it is only available in the "hidden" installer menu that most normal users will not know about.

    An icon indicating an approximate no/low/med/high heat demand on the home screen for each zone and the actual percentage in the settings menu as depicted would have been ideal, but I'll take what I can get! It sure will make troubleshooting phantom heat demand issues a lot easier.
    Thanks Rameses; I agree with Simon. It would seem that your main competitor - albeit, a late entrant - is already looking at what might be possible with its system ( according to this site):

    The ability to see a timeline view of all the devices and when they call for heat. When scheduling our boiler we overlap the zone schedules to prevent unnecessary shut downs and startups. At present we plan it in a spreadsheet and then implement the timings in the app schedule. – See Q/A 6 as well. Wiser targets systems with shorter rate cycles (gas/electric/oil) and in these cases the boiler switches on/off more frequently. This feature would potentially follow from A6, subject to analysis of market interest.

    In the case of Evohome, I think that there is user interest in seeing which zone is calling for heat without having to go into the deep settings menu.

  6. #6
    Automated Home Ninja
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Canít wait for the new update, so glad to hear theyíve all been rolled into one. Seems more logical sense.

    I agree regarding the demand icon, why canít you just have a little flame icon on each zone on the main screw when it is calling for heat?

    Will the update be out before Christmas? As Iíve got a few projects in mind that I can now do with the Electric UFH zone.

  7. #7
    Automated Home Sr Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    53

    Default

    The heat demand will then not be available on the main screen showing the zones ? That is a pitty but ok, maybe in a next release as this is very usefull to see which zones are heating !!

    Also I read above it could help undestanding the "Phantom demand" ... I escalated this issue more than a year ago via Honeywell Belgium who were then in touch with UK, and they investigate remote on my system as far as I understand ... they provided the explanation on this issue and a workaround (battery insertion procedure)

    Third, you talk about the installer menu ? I installed the system myself, and I guess you talk about a long press on the setting key ?

    MAny thanks !!

  8. #8
    Automated Home Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    The installer menu is a long press on the settings button yes. The menu that "normal" users who didn't install the system aren't supposed to know about.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus View Post
    The heat demand will then not be available on the main screen showing the zones ? That is a pitty but ok, maybe in a next release as this is very usefull to see which zones are heating !!

    Also I read above it could help undestanding the "Phantom demand" ... I escalated this issue more than a year ago via Honeywell Belgium who were then in touch with UK, and they investigate remote on my system as far as I understand ... they provided the explanation on this issue and a workaround (battery insertion procedure)

    Third, you talk about the installer menu ? I installed the system myself, and I guess you talk about a long press on the setting key ?

    MAny thanks !!
    Morpheus - I sent you a reply to your DM
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mtmcgavock View Post
    Can’t wait for the new update, so glad to hear they’ve all been rolled into one. Seems more logical sense.

    I agree regarding the demand icon, why can’t you just have a little flame icon on each zone on the main screw when it is calling for heat?

    Will the update be out before Christmas? As I’ve got a few projects in mind that I can now do with the Electric UFH zone.
    Yes - the elves are working hard. Seriously though - yes - this is the plan - but we are waiting for our live trials to finish - we never want to take risks with people's heating especially this time of year.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •