• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robj20
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Aug 2017

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
    The update does restart the controller. (Twice actually, once after the wifi update and a second time after the application update)

That's why the hour glasses appear saying that it doesn't know what the zone temperatures are for a while. What leads you to suspect that your controller didn't reboot after updating ?
    Because my heating didn't switch on until i took the batteries out.

Comment

• Scointer
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Jan 2016

Just updated to this version and now have a ghost zone on my app (never had it before) any tips how to get rid. I thought this software was supposed to finally fix it

IMG_3540.jpg

IMG_3541.jpg
      Last edited by Scointer; 5 February 2018, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Jun 2012

Delete the location from your account portal, then, set it up again with the Mac and CRC numbers.
        Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• Scointer
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Dan_Robinson View Post
          Delete the location from your account portal, then, set it up again with the Mac and CRC numbers.
          That's sorted it. Thanks

Comment

• philchillbill
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jan 2017

Just curious if the heat demand per zone that's now hidden inside the settings will be exposed via an API endpoint? Anybody at Honeywell know this?

Comment

• robj20
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Aug 2017

I hope they put it on the home screen plenty of room.

Comment

• Scointer
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Jan 2016

So I can't work out if it is this new firmware that is causing me major headaches or the new Wi-Fi controller :-(
                After running with the old gateway controller for a few years with no issues I decided to upgrade to the new WiFi controller (mainly for the new items in the firmware release) and I have had numerous issues. My latest is with the App/Web. My hot water has just switched on as per schedule and started heating up, the tank icon has gone red on the controller but the web and app are still showing as off. The water temp is going up on everything but the app/web is still showing as off even though we are now 25 minutes into the on schedule. The schedule shows correct on the app and the temp is updating and rising but the bottom is still blue and stating off. I have never had this issue before can anyone shed any light on this please...
                As a side issue that I haven't even started to look into yet all the HR92's on my downstairs rads (3 of them) have all gone to open window mode even though the temp has not dropped. I am yet to investigate why this has suddenly started happening when it has never happened before despite them being fitted a few years ago :-(
                Last edited by Scointer; 7 February 2018, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Sep 2014

You're not the only one having problems with hot water on/off status being reported incorrectly on the phone app - I reported this a week or two ago in another thread and a few people confirmed the issue.

I think it's just unlucky timing for you and Honeywell are having some problems with their Web API...

Regarding the open window mode - something to keep in mind is that you can disable open window mode either from individual HR92's, or in the zone configuration on the controller. Are you sure you didn't have window detection disabled on your old controller but forgot about this when you set up the new controller ?

Comment

• robj20
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Scointer View Post
                    So I can't work out if it is this new firmware that is causing me major headaches or the new Wi-Fi controller :-(
                    After running with the old gateway controller for a few years with no issues I decided to upgrade to the new WiFi controller (mainly for the new items in the firmware release) and I have had numerous issues. My latest is with the App/Web. My hot water has just switched on as per schedule and started heating up, the tank icon has gone red on the controller but the web and app are still showing as off. The water temp is going up on everything but the app/web is still showing as off even though we are now 25 minutes into the on schedule. The schedule shows correct on the app and the temp is updating and rising but the bottom is still blue and stating off. I have never had this issue before can anyone shed any light on this please...
                    As a side issue that I haven't even started to look into yet all the HR92's on my downstairs rads (3 of them) have all gone to open window mode even though the temp has not dropped. I am yet to investigate why this has suddenly started happening when it has never happened before despite them being fitted a few years ago :-(
                    I had a zone go into openwindow mode last night even though nothing was open. If it does it again i will be turning the function off.

Comment

• Scointer
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                      You're not the only one having problems with hot water on/off status being reported incorrectly on the phone app - I reported this a week or two ago in another thread and a few people confirmed the issue.

I think it's just unlucky timing for you and Honeywell are having some problems with their Web API...

Regarding the open window mode - something to keep in mind is that you can disable open window mode either from individual HR92's, or in the zone configuration on the controller. Are you sure you didn't have window detection disabled on your old controller but forgot about this when you set up the new controller ?
                      Thanks for this. I do know I can turn it off (and probably will) but I was just wondering why it suddenly seems to have started doing it after at least a year of not. My main concern was is the controller at fault or the new firmware, it is sort of calming to know others are having some issues and have only had firmware changes not hardware.
                      Does the HR92's decide on their own if they should go into open window mode or does the controller use some sort of algorithm to decide and tell the HR92's?

Thanks everyone.
                      Last edited by Scointer; 7 February 2018, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by robj20 View Post
                        I had a zone go into openwindow mode last night even though nothing was open. If it does it again i will be turning the function off.
                        You may not have any windows open but is there anything that could have caused a sudden drop in temperature ?

By default it only takes a temperature drop of 0.6 degrees over (I think) a 4 minute period to trigger it.

The spare room off our hallway I normally keep at 15 degrees, I sometimes find just opening that door and leaving it open a few minutes triggers open window detection on the hallway radiator due to the cold air from the spare room flowing past the hallway radiator...

Comment

• fergie
                          Automated Home Sr Member
                          • Mar 2017

My hall radiator is near the front door so I changed the time delay on it. One of my bedroom windows can be a little drafty so I turned the window control off completely for that room.

Comment

• IM35461
                            Automated Home Sr Member
                            • Jan 2012

Cold this morning with no heat
                            The evohome screensaver said it was 05:52 (it is actually after 08:15). Touched the screen and it indicated 07:39 so I turned off auto clock update (which is beyond Honeywell to get working) and set the time. a few minutes later the heating came on.

The heating went off last night at about the normal time.

No failure email from Honeywell so I guess it was still talking and the android app which is working.

Not yet read all the thread to see if this is a common problem.

Edit: does not seem common and had the update since it was first released.
                            Last edited by IM35461; 8 February 2018, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• spectral
                              Automated Home Lurker
                              • Feb 2016

Originally posted by IM35461 View Post
                              Cold this morning with no heat
                              The evohome screensaver said it was 05:52 (it is actually after 08:15). Touched the screen and it indicated 07:39 so I turned off auto clock update (which is beyond Honeywell to get working) and set the time. a few minutes later the heating came on.

The heating went off last night at about the normal time.

No failure email from Honeywell so I guess it was still talking and the android app still works.

Not yet read all the thread to see if this is a common problem.
                              I had the same problem. Didnt reset the time (am at work now), so it's still not working....

Comment

• IM35461
                                Automated Home Sr Member
                                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by spectral View Post
                                I had the same problem. Didnt reset the time (am at work now), so it's still not working....
                                Clock not running

Comment

Working...
                                X