• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andy the Minion
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Nov 2017

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Ok not wanting to look stupid here, but can someone explain what the new hot water "boost" function actually does ?

It's not clear at all from the UI what it does, and it doesn't seem to do what I assumed it would - which is to provide a temporary timed boost in hot water temperature, for example to allow you to run a deeper bath...

But.... a) There is no way to specify what the "boosted" hot water temperature is - either in the normal UI or the stored hot water configuration, and b) the boost option doesn't seem to let you choose how long to boost for - you can't combine the boost option with a timed override as they seem to be mutually exclusive in the UI.

I tried turning the boost on and waited a while - and nothing happened. No attempt to heat the water hotter than normal occurred. (HW relay stayed off)

So I'm at a loss to understand what it actually does and how it is useful ?
    Its just a timed override Im afraid, to increase the temperature would potentially be a safety issue as in some cases the store is held at a 'non-skin melting' temperature if there are toddlers or other vulnerable occupants. For a normal setpoint of 60°C with a standard cylinder without a blending valve fitted a boost above 60°C would also be a potential issue for normal able bodied users.
    Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Comment

• HenGus
      Automated Home Legend
      • May 2014

Presumably, if the cylinder is within the set range (mine is 60 down to 55C) then any attempt at boost will be ignored?

Comment

• mylesm
        Automated Home Guru
        • Nov 2015

On most heating Systems I have come across a boost function adds +1,2,or 3 hrs to the heating time to either Heating or HW depending which is Boosted I have not seen a Boost function to increase Temperature

Comment

• paulockenden
          Automated Home Legend
          • Apr 2015

I assumed it was for when the HW was off, but you wanted to over-ride that for an hour or two.

Certainly on my controller, when the HW is on then the Boost button is greyed out. It only appears when the HW is scheduled off.

Comment

• paulockenden
            Automated Home Legend
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Andy the Minion View Post
            Its just a timed override Im afraid
            Are you part of the Evohome dev team Andy? Both of your posts so far have had an air of authority about them!

P.

Comment

• robsonalan
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Jul 2017

Originally posted by dty View Post
              I came home to find an upgraded unit!

Two annoyances right now:

* it had lost the WiFi connection info and had to be reconnected to the network
              * it’s completely renamed my zones. This is really annoying especially as on some zones it’s used names that previously existed, so they’re now on the wrong zone
              Did this fix its self, or have you had to manually rename the zones again. I had this once before when the controller reset when it was removed from the wall mount, when it started back up it seemed to pull in old zone names, I then had to rename all the zones. Some zones for which the HR92 was set to not be overridden didn't seem to pick up I had to reset those HR92s before they would update.

I am not on this latest version of the firmware, but do not look forward to having to do this again.

Does anyone know where the actual controller and zone settings are stored when the device resets, are they only in the controller or does Honeywell hold it somewhere and when on wifi it then pulls the settings back down?

Comment

• MrB
                Automated Home Sr Member
                • Oct 2015

Still waiting for part 2 of the upgrade to complete. The WiFi firmware is now at 2, but the Application is still at 1.
                I did reply to upgrade confirmation email but relevant person is now at home snuggled up with Santa...

For Honeywell lurkers MAC is 00D02D6EAF00

Oh, and everything is running fine and Internet connection is solid.

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
                  Automated Home Ninja
                  • Jun 2012

Mines been done fully no thanks to bt. Looking good so far. A few surprises too with the loadings, but as mentioned earlier zone we've suddenly gone up 10 degrees outside.

I don't have hot water enabled on mine currently as it's pretty pointless on a modern cylinder.

Will have a play over the next few days with the boiler monitor and ot monitor I have. Shame I can't get domotics to work though
                  Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• Andy the Minion
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Nov 2017

Originally posted by MrB View Post
                    Still waiting for part 2 of the upgrade to complete. The WiFi firmware is now at 2, but the Application is still at 1.
                    I did reply to upgrade confirmation email but relevant person is now at home snuggled up with Santa...

For Honeywell lurkers MAC is 00D02D6EAF00

Oh, and everything is running fine and Internet connection is solid.
                    We tried twice with your device and can see its online but that its not managing to fully download the second file... are you on the same doggy t'internet connection as Dan?
                    Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Comment

• Andy the Minion
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Nov 2017

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
                      Are you part of the Evohome dev team Andy? Both of your posts so far have had an air of authority about them!

P.
                      Damn rumbled, guilty as charged. Im going to have to kill you now

Comment

• paulockenden
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Apr 2015

Damn rumbled, guilty as charged. Im going to have to kill you now
                        Just don't kill my heating! ;-)

Comment

• Andy the Minion
                          Automated Home Sr Member
                          • Nov 2017

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
                          Just don't kill my heating! ;-)
                          Dont worry, they dont trust me anywhere near stuff like that.

Comment

• MrB
                            Automated Home Sr Member
                            • Oct 2015

We tried twice with your device and can see its online but that its not managing to fully download the second file... are you on the same doggy t'internet connection as Dan?
                            I'll connect the Controller to another WiFi AP as it we have multiple networks (large residence) and it's possible it's on a weak one.

Try again as from 10:00 am Friday 22nd.

Edit: Yep - I was correct. It's now on new AP and signal strength has doubled - now 100%. Something to check in upgrade code - WiFi signal strength. ;-)
                            Last edited by MrB; 22 December 2017, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Sep 2014

Anyone else notice the outside temperature reading reported by the new firmware is either lagging a long way behind, or is just flat wrong ?

Mine has been saying about 5 degrees most of today including right now, when the actual temperature is more like 7 or 8 degrees. I'm assuming it gets the data based on the location specified in my TCC account, as does the iPhone app. In that case why is the controller reporting 5 degrees and the app is reporting 8 degrees ?

IMG_0414.jpg
                              IMG_0415.jpg

As a comparison, WeatherPro (my go-to for accurate weather reports) is reporting 7 degrees and says that it hasn't been 5 degrees since before 10am - about 3 hours ago.

I can understand that different weather services are often in disagreement about the temperature but I would have assumed that the controller would take the temperature from the same weather service as the iPhone app, and update at least more than once every 3 hours ?

I like the idea of the outside temperature being on the screen, but if its this far out or lagging behind the true conditions I'd actually rather it wasn't there! (Yes I'm nerdy about the exact temperature - I have a little outside weather station as well so discrepancies like this annoy me...)

Does anyone know which weather service is being used ?
                              Last edited by DBMandrake; 22 December 2017, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• HenGus
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • May 2014

WeatherPro, BBC et al all showing 10C - as is the App. The controller is showing 11C.

Comment

Working...
                                X