Page 1 of 40 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: New evohome FW - update WiFi 02.00.17.00 and Application 02.00.17.03

Default New evohome FW - update WiFi 02.00.17.00 and Application 02.00.17.03

All

We have decided to skip the intermediate update and combine into a more major update. By doing this we can make best use of the deployment roll out window and get out to you quicker.

Our Beta tester & F&F testers would have received this over weekend, and by tomorrow (takes a few days, the push servers do in blocks based on verification and retries)

If final testing goes well - you should have this well in time for Christmas.

WiFi 02.00.17.00 and Application 02.00.17.03
    - Hot water boost function (if you have Stored HW)
    - Icon change on Hot water
    - Wi-Fi channels 12/13 fix
    - Ghost zone fix (for the few users that still had it)
    - Heat demand per zone is indicated (inside settings)
    - Electric zone support
    - Outside weather display
    - Plus other maintenance and security improvements
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post

-
    Can you provide more info? I think that most of us were hoping for a simple flame icon against each zone.

Quote Originally Posted by HenGus View Post
    Can you provide more info? I think that most of us were hoping for a simple flame icon against each zone.
    evo1.jpg

evo 2.jpg

Sorry these are blurry. Demand will show % against the zone which is calling for it, under the settings menu.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Legend

Sorry these are blurry. Demand will show % against the zone which is calling for it, under the settings menu.
    Inside the normal settings menu or the system installer menu ? It looks like the latter but its hard to see in the picture.

A little bit disappointing if there is no indication on the home screen and it is only available in the "hidden" installer menu that most normal users will not know about.

An icon indicating an approximate no/low/med/high heat demand on the home screen for each zone and the actual percentage in the settings menu as depicted would have been ideal, but I'll take what I can get! It sure will make troubleshooting phantom heat demand issues a lot easier.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Inside the normal settings menu or the system installer menu ? It looks like the latter but its hard to see in the picture.

A little bit disappointing if there is no indication on the home screen and it is only available in the "hidden" installer menu that most normal users will not know about.

An icon indicating an approximate no/low/med/high heat demand on the home screen for each zone and the actual percentage in the settings menu as depicted would have been ideal, but I'll take what I can get! It sure will make troubleshooting phantom heat demand issues a lot easier.
    Thanks Rameses; I agree with Simon. It would seem that your main competitor - albeit, a late entrant - is already looking at what might be possible with its system ( according to this site):

The ability to see a timeline view of all the devices and when they call for heat. When scheduling our boiler we overlap the zone schedules to prevent unnecessary shut downs and startups. At present we plan it in a spreadsheet and then implement the timings in the app schedule. – See Q/A 6 as well. Wiser targets systems with shorter rate cycles (gas/electric/oil) and in these cases the boiler switches on/off more frequently. This feature would potentially follow from A6, subject to analysis of market interest.

In the case of Evohome, I think that there is user interest in seeing which zone is calling for heat without having to go into the deep settings menu.

Automated Home Legend

Can’t wait for the new update, so glad to hear they’ve all been rolled into one. Seems more logical sense.

I agree regarding the demand icon, why can’t you just have a little flame icon on each zone on the main screw when it is calling for heat?

Will the update be out before Christmas? As I’ve got a few projects in mind that I can now do with the Electric UFH zone.

Automated Home Sr Member

The heat demand will then not be available on the main screen showing the zones ? That is a pitty but ok, maybe in a next release as this is very usefull to see which zones are heating !!

Also I read above it could help undestanding the "Phantom demand" ... I escalated this issue more than a year ago via Honeywell Belgium who were then in touch with UK, and they investigate remote on my system as far as I understand ... they provided the explanation on this issue and a workaround (battery insertion procedure)

Third, you talk about the installer menu ? I installed the system myself, and I guess you talk about a long press on the setting key ?

MAny thanks !!

Automated Home Legend

The installer menu is a long press on the settings button yes. The menu that "normal" users who didn't install the system aren't supposed to know about.

Automated Home Legend

All

We have decided to skip the intermediate update and combine into a more major update. By doing this we can make best use of the deployment roll out window and get out to you quicker.
    I kind of figured that this had happened, which is why I was just waiting patiently...
    Do you have any information on whether this heat demand percentage will be made available through the public Web API, either immediately after the firmware update is installed, or at some point in the near future ?

If I remember right there is even already a heat demand field in the API but it currently always reports zero. If there are plans to add this information to the API that would be fantastic as those of us with custom graphing systems (I use both Domoticz and Evohome-munin) could update our graphs to plot heat demand as well...

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    I kind of figured that this had happened, which is why I was just waiting patiently...

Do you have any information on whether this heat demand percentage will be made available through the public Web API, either immediately after the firmware update is installed, or at some point in the near future ?

If I remember right there is even already a heat demand field in the API but it currently always reports zero. If there are plans to add this information to the API that would be fantastic as those of us with custom graphing systems (I use both Domoticz and Evohome-munin) could update our graphs to plot heat demand as well...
    Sorry - I got sidetracked and you did ask this before. Let me ask - might take a day or two. Standby