Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: New evohome FW - update WiFi 02.00.17.00 and Application 02.00.17.03

Automated Home Lurker

There are no connections between the HCE80's and the boiler. The only connection to the boiler is coming from the Evotouch via the OT bridge. Everything is bounded correctly from the Evotouch to the HCE80's (MT-4 valves). This is checked and double checked. Everything was installed by a 3rd party, (for example 5 zones on 1 port what is not done). Therefore I disconnected everything, reset everything to factory setings and started again, connected and bound correctly.
    What do you mean with the boiler feedback connection? Is that the open/close contact from the HCE80 to the boiler (it is not used).

Automated Home Sr Member

On some versions of the HCC80 there is provision of a boiler feedback, that provides a 42V relay feedback from the HCC80 to the boiler based on the valve position- see installation guide https://www.honeywelluk.com/document...%20version.pdf

Also I know this might sound stupid, but just check the position of the NC/NO switch for the actuators. Initially my HCC80 was delivered with the switch set to NO, whereas my actuators are NC. The system actually seemed to work initially! , but quickly realised it was actually shutting the actuators on a call for heat.
    Last edited by rvb99; 22nd January 2018 at 04:52 PM.

Automated Home Lurker

Okť, the boiler feedback is not used. Everything works fine. The only thing what I see is that there is only 1 zone calling for heat on the Evotouch. If I look on the HCE80 at the same time there are more ports activated. That is my point. That is in my opinion strange. The NC/NO switch is in the correct position.
    Last edited by JosP; 22nd January 2018 at 05:44 PM.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    The dresser would explain it.

Rated output power of a radiator is a combination of both convection and direct infrared line of sight radiation from the panel - even if it can freely convect you'll lose nearly all of the direct IR radiation into the room having a radiator behind a dresser or sofa etc... All the infrared output of the panel will do is heat the back of the dresser.

Although there's some debate about what proportion of the heat into the room is convection vs radiation on a convector panel, I reckon you'd lose about 30-40% of the heat output capability of the radiator by reducing it to convection only.

In our living room we have 3 linked bay window radiators - which cope just fine most of the year but as soon as the Christmas tree goes in they start to struggle to reach the set point and warm up times get a lot longer, despite there being no obstruction to the convection into the room. It's the loss of the direct IR radiation wasted warming the back of the tree that is responsible..

For any given radiator and room situation there is a maximum set point the room can reach with the radiator going full blast - as you get close to that maximum especially within a degree or so the call for heat to try to get the last little bit of the way there will skyrocket, hence if its struggling a small drop in set point can help a lot.
    Its only about 20% of the rad that is actually covered, but it is a large room and all counter acts I guess.

Thinking about it logically, what I would like is a setting that lets me set the maximum heat call (as a percentage) per room. That way rather than having the boiler running flat out to heat a particular room as fast as it can, I can let the room heat up gradually and therefore more efficiently.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fergie View Post
    Thinking about it logically, what I would like is a setting that lets me set the maximum heat call (as a percentage) per room. That way rather than having the boiler running flat out to heat a particular room as fast as it can, I can let the room heat up gradually and therefore more efficiently.
    Doesn't make sense to me to complicate things by having a per zone "heat limit".

You say you want it to let the room "heat up gradually", but limiting the maximum heat demand would also limit the set point attainable - exactly the problem you're already having where it is taking an 80% heat demand just to reach the set point.

If you artificially limit the heat demand that zone could call for to say 50% then it wouldn't come anywhere near its set point when it's the only zone calling for heat, but when other zones call for a high heat it would. But then when it was the only zone calling for heat again the temperature would fall below the target.

If you want to reduce the maximum heat call for all zones, just turn the flow temperature maximum down a bit!

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post

If you want to reduce the maximum heat call for all zones, just turn the flow temperature maximum down a bit!
    Which seems to take us back to the problem we see with OT and a lot of boilers. In that it seems to over ride the boilerís own algorithms.

Guess Iíll need to contact Atag to see if itís possible to reduce the max output when the demand is for heat or if they have any other solutions.

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Gdog47 View Post
    Updates received and working well on my Evohome controller with no apparent problems, but I have noticed the following error messages on my Domoticz-Synology-HGI80 setup since then.

2018-01-18 23:11:51.803 Error: evohome: unable to decode payload for command 3ef0
    2018-01-19 00:11:48.563 Error: evohome: ACTUATOR_STATE: Error decoding command, unknown packet size: 1

This pair of errors occur three times every hour, within a second. If I power down my Evohome controller the errors stop, but they start again after about 4 minutes of powering up the controller and continue hourly thereafter.

It seems like the controller is sending out an hourly ďsyncĒ signal that is not being decoded by my Domoticz setup, but is not affecting my Evohome functionality.

Does anyone else have this problem, or a solution.
    @Gdog47
    I Have the same problem with Domoticz-RaspBerry-HGI80 setup, only more frequent:
    2018-01-23 19:29:28.239 Error: evohome: ACTUATOR_STATE: Error decoding command, unknown packet size: 1
    2018-01-23 19:29:28.240 Error: evohome: unable to decode payload for command 3ef0
    2018-01-23 19:29:29.672 (EvoHome-HGI80) Heating (EH-Temp Living)
    2018-01-23 19:29:29.673 (EvoHome-HGI80) Heating (EH-Temp Bedroom)
    2018-01-23 19:29:29.674 (EvoHome-HGI80) Heating (EH-Temp Office)
    2018-01-23 19:29:29.686 (EvoHome-HGI80) Heating (EH-Temp Living)
    2018-01-23 19:29:29.687 (EvoHome-HGI80) Heating (EH-Temp Bedroom)
    2018-01-23 19:29:29.688 (EvoHome-HGI80) Heating (EH-Temp Office)
    2018-01-23 19:29:30.111 (EvoHome-HGI80) Heating (EH-Temp Living)
    2018-01-23 19:29:30.240 Error: evohome: ACTUATOR_STATE: Error decoding command, unknown packet size: 1
    2018-01-23 19:29:30.240 Error: evohome: unable to decode payload for command 3ef0
    2018-01-23 19:29:31.111 (EvoHome-HGI80) Heating (EH-Temp Bedroom)
    2018-01-23 19:29:32.111 (EvoHome-HGI80) Heating (EH-Temp Office)

Automated Home Legend

Yes same here but not surprising either. The Domoticz message definitions have not been updated for quite a while. Infact now with the Heat Demand % it's clear that the HGI80 has been decoded incorrectly for the Heat Demand % for atleast some Devices e.g. Opentherm and BDR91 zones.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    Has anyone here used the HC60NG with Evohome? I know the 'official' Honeywell advice is that it isn't compatible, but I'm also sure I read somewhere (not sure if it was here) about someone using it.

That drives 10A resistive or 3A inductive.
    I have the HC60NG in my setup - when I moved into the house it had a Baxi boiler with Honeywell "dumb" controls - I didn't even check if the existing relay was compatible (as I wasn't altering any wiring the only issue would have been if it hadn't paired), I just followed the pairing instructions and it worked (and has done ever since).

Automated Home Sr Member

Woke up this morning to find the house freezing couldnt figure out why, boiler showed no demand, yet the valves and evohome showed the correct target temps. Just as if evohome hadnt sent the demand to the boiler.

Anyway noticed the outside temp at the top so thought it must have updated which it has i now have the demand in % shown in deep settings.
    Took the batteries out and back in and the heating fired up.

Is this normal that a firmware update can mess things up until you restart the device?