X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

I'm not sure that both types of optimisation need different icons. It's obvious which it is based on whether the next temperature change is an increase or a decrease.

But if it does need different symbols, I'd suggest a simple clock face icon with either a + or a - in the middle.

Something along the lines of Icon-Join-Optimise-Blue-on-White-220px.png, but more icon style.

Good UX obeys the "does what it says on the tin" principle.

P.

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

Point well made - in the quibbling over whether it should be a Euro or pound symbol nobody else stopped to question whether a currency symbol of any kind is the best choice.

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Jun 2012

In the good old days you just got "opt" on the screens.
        Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• paulockenden
          Automated Home Legend
          • Apr 2015

And while we're talking icons, was the open window designed by a five year old?

It's a bit Play School, isn't it? (Not that any five year olds would know what Play School is).

P.

Comment

• Veliferum
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Jan 2018

I have some strange behavior in one of my zones (with the new firmware):

The Zone has two large radiators equipped with HR92’s, the temperature measurement is done by the EvoHome Wifi unit. Directly next to the EvoHome main unit there is a Fibaro Motion/Temperature/Lux sensor (ZW-Temp Living). As you can see from 03:00 until 09:00 the EvoHome shows a raise in temperature while the two HR92’s and the Fibaro sensor show the correct temperature flow (from 00:00 until 13:00 the setpoint of the zone is 15 degrees and the valve position of both HR92’s 0%).
            Living2.jpg
            The only thing I can think of is that the EvoHome is warming up because it is charging its batteries. Around 08:00 the EvoHome temperature is 19 degrees and the two HR92’s 16 and 15.5 degrees, it seems to me that a difference in temperature of 3/3.5 degrees is a lot for charging. (Report is from Domoticz connected to a HGI80).

Comment

• bruce_miranda
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jul 2014

I have now spotted the new Device Type called Electric in the System menu. Also realised that I will need a T87RF or similar too, not just a BDR91, even though the actual floor and room temperature sensing will still be performed by the WarmUp.

I guess an Update is due here
              Last edited by bruce_miranda; 11 January 2018, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• MrBoy
                Automated Home Guru
                • May 2017

I haven't read all the recent pages of posts but there was discussion about the new hidden icon to see the amount of power drawn from each zone.

I agree with all those saying this would be WAY better on the main display as a simple on/off flame icon (make it a setting you have to turn on if worried about novice users getting overloaded) with a way to access the detailed data elsewhere (the web-application could in theory display a much richer amount of information than the controller or the app - just saying).

HOWEVER one thing I'd love to know as a new user is simply a single fact: Is the boiler on at the behest of EvoHome? i.e. is the BDR on?

Comment

• PaulB
                  Automated Home Sr Member
                  • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
                  - Heat demand per zone is indicated (inside settings)
                  Please can this value be exposed to the data obtained from the API? I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting this data available...

Comment

• roydonaldson
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                    I have now spotted the new Device Type called Electric in the System menu. Also realised that I will need a T87RF or similar too, not just a BDR91, even though the actual floor and room temperature sensing will still be performed by the WarmUp.

https://ensupport.getconnected.honey...-floor-heating
                    A trick you can use if this is the case. If you are not using the EvoHome controller internal sensor, set the sensor for the electric zone to be the EvoHome internal sensor and then use +35C for On and +5C for Off to send to the BDR91.

Roy

Comment

• rvb99
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Oct 2017

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post

https://ensupport.getconnected.honey...-floor-heating
                      The official released version of the firmware does not support electric heating. It's only those with a beta / pre -release version that can currently do this. Once the new official version is released I guess Honeywell will update their support site.

Comment

• CaptCalamitous
                        Automated Home Lurker
                        • Nov 2017

I’m a little late to the evohome party, but it’s all coming along nicely.

I have 2 rooms with infrared heating panels I need to control, any eta on the firmware going live?

I’m also assuming I’ll need a thermostat BDR91 combo for each room for this, is this correct?

Comment

• G4RHL
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
                          And while we're talking icons, was the open window designed by a five year old?

It's a bit Play School, isn't it? (Not that any five year olds would know what Play School is).

P.
                          I remember Listen with Mother!

Comment

• CaptCalamitous
                            Automated Home Lurker
                            • Nov 2017

Originally posted by CaptCalamitous View Post
                            I’m a little late to the evohome party, but it’s all coming along nicely.

I have 2 rooms with infrared heating panels I need to control, any eta on the firmware going live?

I’m also assuming I’ll need a thermostat BDR91 combo for each room for this, is this correct?
                            I'm thinking that a pair of the Y87RF2024 packs per the link below would do the job, can anyone confirm?

Is there a preferred supplier that does a reasonable deal?

Comment

• HenGus
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • May 2014

Here’s a good place to ask that question:

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Jul 2014

remember that a BDR91 can only drive a 5amp load. Any heating device may actually be a lot higher. So the BDR91 will need to drive another contactor or relay, which in turn will control the heat source. But yes you need the Y87RF pack, which includes a T87RF and a BDR91.

Comment

Working...
                                X