Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast

Thread: New evohome FW - update WiFi 02.00.17.00 and Application 02.00.17.03

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mtmcgavock View Post
    I should of stated, this zone is controlled by a zone valve (Separate towel rail circuit). No HR92s involved at all.
    Ah ok. In that case yes, it is possible the firmware update reset some learnt heuristics for the zone as they would be implemented in the controller for that type of zone.

Automated Home Legend

I am having a feeling of deja vu. This was how it was 4 years ago as early Evohome adopters tried to work out what was normal and abnormal operation. Some Release Notes on the upgrade would be helpful.
    Last edited by HenGus; 23rd December 2017 at 12:25 PM.

Automated Home Guru

DBMandrake is right - the explanation of the HR92 adaptation over time (when to shut down) vs Evotouch controller optimisation (on/off timing) is accurate.

This is the same explanation of the workings I was provided by Honeywell when troubleshooting large overshoots earlier in the year due to OpenTherm compatibility issues (very high and permanent flow temps).

As an example, that the HR92ís donít sample the temp at a very high rate (every 4 mins I believe to conserve battery), coupled with a very high flow temp make it very difficult to avoid overshoots in all but very undersized radiators and or very high heat loss room characteristics. Itís all about balance.
    Last edited by StephenC; 22nd December 2017 at 07:52 PM.

Automated Home Ninja Dan_Robinson's Avatar

Another interesting thing to note.

My mixing valve zone is running (pump etc) but the demand screen is still saying 0%.
    Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Again, that could be a missed comms message. That's the trouble with RF that doesn't ACK messages.

Automated Home Ninja

Set up two electric head demands this morning (Was actually for wet UFH but we'll not get into that ) and all seems to work correctly (No demands apart from the BDR91 paired to that zone).

Still struggling with overshoots on two different systems however still could be the warmer weather as it's 10oc here this morning.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mtmcgavock View Post
    Set up two electric head demands this morning (Was actually for wet UFH but we'll not get into that ) and all seems to work correctly (No demands apart from the BDR91 paired to that zone).

Still struggling with overshoots on two different systems however still could be the warmer weather as it's 10oc here this morning.
    Does anyone know if Optimisation is being applied to Electric Heating Zones ?

It would be expensive if it started bringing them on up to 3 hours earlier if you didn't want them on that early.

Roy.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by roydonaldson View Post
    Does anyone know if Optimisation is being applied to Electric Heating Zones ?

It would be expensive if it started bringing them on up to 3 hours earlier if you didn't want them on that early.

Roy.
    I don't understand the question. If you have optimisation enabled it means you want the room to reach the target at the specified time, rather than some hours after the specified time.

It (assuming it does optimisation on electric zones) will work out how early to bring it on to reach that target. It would only bring it on "up to 3 hours earlier" if the room actually took 3 hours to heat up. Does your room really take that long ?

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    I don't understand the question. If you have optimisation enabled it means you want the room to reach the target at the specified time, rather than some hours after the specified time.

It (assuming it does optimisation on electric zones) will work out how early to bring it on to reach that target. It would only bring it on "up to 3 hours earlier" if the room actually took 3 hours to heat up. Does your room really take that long ?
    I have to agree with this, surely if you've got optimisation turned on you'd be setting your times accordingly anyway?

As confirmed by Honeywell TPI is enabled so I would assume optimisation is too. It's set up on my parents system so I can't monitor it as well, also the underfloor only goes off for 5 hours at night so i'd have to be awake at 5am to see if brings it on

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Robinson View Post
    I wonder if it can pick up the weather data over Opentherm because mine is saying 11 degrees when the boiler is reporting 11.4 degrees? Assorted other services are saying 10 degrees which is more accurate than normal.

Also though. I have zero % demand on the zones, but the heat demand is asking for 27%. The OT monitor is saying there is a control setpoint of 39 being asked of the heating. Although SWMBO is having a shower at the moment so the boiler is in hot water mode.

Bizarre.
    Dan Correct, if there is an actual outside temperature sensor it will pick that up by preference