Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast

Thread: New evohome FW - update WiFi 02.00.17.00 and Application 02.00.17.03

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

I'm not sure that both types of optimisation need different icons. It's obvious which it is based on whether the next temperature change is an increase or a decrease.

But if it does need different symbols, I'd suggest a simple clock face icon with either a + or a - in the middle.

Something along the lines of Icon-Join-Optimise-Blue-on-White-220px.png, but more icon style.

Good UX obeys the "does what it says on the tin" principle.

P.

Automated Home Legend

Point well made - in the quibbling over whether it should be a Euro or pound symbol nobody else stopped to question whether a currency symbol of any kind is the best choice.

Automated Home Ninja Dan_Robinson's Avatar

In the good old days you just got "opt" on the screens.
    Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

And while we're talking icons, was the open window designed by a five year old?

It's a bit Play School, isn't it? (Not that any five year olds would know what Play School is).

P.

Automated Home Lurker

I have some strange behavior in one of my zones (with the new firmware):

The Zone has two large radiators equipped with HR92ís, the temperature measurement is done by the EvoHome Wifi unit. Directly next to the EvoHome main unit there is a Fibaro Motion/Temperature/Lux sensor (ZW-Temp Living). As you can see from 03:00 until 09:00 the EvoHome shows a raise in temperature while the two HR92ís and the Fibaro sensor show the correct temperature flow (from 00:00 until 13:00 the setpoint of the zone is 15 degrees and the valve position of both HR92ís 0%).
    Living2.jpg
    The only thing I can think of is that the EvoHome is warming up because it is charging its batteries. Around 08:00 the EvoHome temperature is 19 degrees and the two HR92ís 16 and 15.5 degrees, it seems to me that a difference in temperature of 3/3.5 degrees is a lot for charging. (Report is from Domoticz connected to a HGI80).

Automated Home Legend

I have now spotted the new Device Type called Electric in the System menu. Also realised that I will need a T87RF or similar too, not just a BDR91, even though the actual floor and room temperature sensing will still be performed by the WarmUp.

I guess an Update is due here
    https://ensupport.getconnected.honey...-floor-heating
    Last edited by bruce_miranda; 11th January 2018 at 05:02 PM.

Automated Home Guru

I haven't read all the recent pages of posts but there was discussion about the new hidden icon to see the amount of power drawn from each zone.

I agree with all those saying this would be WAY better on the main display as a simple on/off flame icon (make it a setting you have to turn on if worried about novice users getting overloaded) with a way to access the detailed data elsewhere (the web-application could in theory display a much richer amount of information than the controller or the app - just saying).

HOWEVER one thing I'd love to know as a new user is simply a single fact: Is the boiler on at the behest of EvoHome? i.e. is the BDR on?

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    - Heat demand per zone is indicated (inside settings)
    Please can this value be exposed to the data obtained from the API? I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting this data available...

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    I have now spotted the new Device Type called Electric in the System menu. Also realised that I will need a T87RF or similar too, not just a BDR91, even though the actual floor and room temperature sensing will still be performed by the WarmUp.

A trick you can use if this is the case. If you are not using the EvoHome controller internal sensor, set the sensor for the electric zone to be the EvoHome internal sensor and then use +35C for On and +5C for Off to send to the BDR91.

Roy

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post

The official released version of the firmware does not support electric heating. It's only those with a beta / pre -release version that can currently do this. Once the new official version is released I guess Honeywell will update their support site.