Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: New evohome FW - update WiFi 02.00.17.00 and Application 02.00.17.03

Automated Home Sr Member

I had to look that word up, so I may have misinterpreted you. It was not one of the override symbols (little clock or oval) if that's what you meant, I thought it looked a bit like a colourful lightening bolt.
    If that wasn't what you meant could you explain to a relative noob like me.
    thanks

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Don't think any of the icons are colourful. They are all just plain symbols.

Wonder what it was that you saw? if you see it again grab a photo!

Automated Home Jr Member

Do you have optimisation set? It sounds like the symbol you get when a zone has come on early to achieve the set point at the defined time in the schedule. It is like a squiggly orange arrow pointing upwards in the bottom right corner of that zone’s actual temperature display,

Regards,

Alan.

Automated Home Sr Member

Ok yes thats it, Thanks
    I only recently put optimisation on so hadn't seen it before, oh well was boring then
    That aside what I really want is call status added to the webapi.

Automated Home Legend

Call status ?

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Head demand per zone.

Automated Home Legend

Ah. Don't we all want that ?

I don't see why heat demand is so super secret. The Tado iPhone app actually shows the heat demand from zones as an overlay in the temperature graph - very nice. Nothing comparable on the Honeywell side.

Automated Home Sr Member

Yes head demand per zone and controller... maybe if someone could persuade Honeywell that they are loosing customers to alternatives because of their better apps/sites then they might do something, however I 'spose your average user doesn't care, on the other hand evohome is kind of a premium product..

Automated Home Legend

Firmware updates are like Christmas presents. One a year just before Christmas. So are we likely to have one in 2018?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedh View Post
    Yes head demand per zone and controller... maybe if someone could persuade Honeywell that they are loosing customers to alternatives because of their better apps/sites then they might do something, however I 'spose your average user doesn't care, on the other hand evohome is kind of a premium product..
    I think to an extent Honeywell has for so long been a supplier to industry and businesses that it tends to forget the requirements of the domestic scene. I have no complaints with its products but it seems half finished when you look at the app and what it can tell you, never mind its incompatibility with the iPad. Plus the control panel is sort of ponderous to operate. My wife expects it to react as her iPad does when she touches and other devices but it doesn’t. I am used to changing schedules and know where to go. It is not so easy for non tech users and the elderly. Many software writers never seem to address that point.