• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apkent
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Dec 2017

Evohome - conflict with existing programmer

Hello all,

I’ve been attempting to install a new Evohome system this afternoon. Got all the wiring hooked up to our boiler - a Worcester greenstar 30si compact. The link appears to be ok and I think the controller has signal correctly hooked up.

Unfortunately our boiler is quite heavily boxed in. Whilst I can access the wiring I can’t get the cover off in order to remove the DT10RF programmer the boiler came with. The boiler is still running the CH off that programmer - presumely it needs deactivating in some way.

Any ideas other than take away the boxing? Can the DT10RF be deactivated without removing it? None of the guides online mention it so I assume not....

Cheers
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by apkent View Post
    Hello all,

I’ve been attempting to install a new Evohome system this afternoon. Got all the wiring hooked up to our boiler - a Worcester greenstar 30si compact. The link appears to be ok and I think the controller has signal correctly hooked up.

Unfortunately our boiler is quite heavily boxed in. Whilst I can access the wiring I can’t get the cover off in order to remove the DT10RF programmer the boiler came with. The boiler is still running the CH off that programmer - presumely it needs deactivating in some way.

Any ideas other than take away the boxing? Can the DT10RF be deactivated without removing it? None of the guides online mention it so I assume not....

Cheers
    You shouldn't need to remove the existing built in timer - just set the timer to "constant", which will bypass the timer.

The BDR91 (I'm assuming you're using one not OpenTherm) should be wired in place of the original wall thermostat. This way even when the timer is set to constant the BDR91 turning off will turn the boiler off and everything will work as expected.

Comment

• apkent
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Dec 2017

We dont have a wall thermostat - the Boiler has a wireless transmitter and reciever. It’s eother set to off, timed, once or on but having flicked through those settings none seem to make the Honeywell talk to the boiler.

I’ve got the link wired live and neutral to the respective inputs on the Honeywell reciever, L linked to A and B linked to Ls back at the boiler.

Comment

Working...
      X