• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robsonalan
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jul 2017

Evohome Settings and Zone information

Does anyone know if the Evohome settings for Zones and device bindings etc are backed up anywhere. My query is based on possibility of power failure and then battery failure. Would I then need to get someone out to rebind and set everything up or does the setting for the Evohome get backed up somewhere within Honeywell's Evohome home cloud!.

I ask as many months ago when I removed by Evohome controller from the wall mount the device restarted, when it come back I had to resetup the wifi, and after this all my zones names were changes to wrong names, as I had disable overrides set on all HR92's I had to remove the batteries from each of them before I could get them to be seen again by the Controller.

I have been monitoring the new firmware section and notice that one person had a similar experience to me when the unit updated. Now If this happens when I am away at all my family isn't going to be able to resolve, so am concerned that if my controller reverted to old zone names and setting once when it reset when being removed from the cradle, is there a good chance the same thing may happen if the device receives a firmware update and restarts.

It would be good if there was an option to somehow backup the Evohome settings somewhere remotely, either to a PC, somewhere on Honeywell servers or even to the Evohome Mobile App, Enabling a restore settings, bindings and zone names and schedules to the unit should it accidently loose its settings.

Cheers!
  • HenGus
    Automated Home Legend
    • May 2014

Not one that I have found. I have taken photos of my settings.

Comment

• G4RHL
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jan 2015

Other than keeping a written record or taking pictures I am not sure but is not the site we access on the web being developed to enable more controls. I have just checked and it currently provides up to date readings and some control but not scheduling. If it is doing this then I assume there is a backup in place as well. Therefore the answer to the problem, and it is a serious one to consider, may not be far away. I have just made a change to a zone using the web site and it certainly works OK. For reassurance though it would be nice to have a back up and restore facility in the app.

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

As far as I can tell, on the Wi-Fi model all the system/zone configuration, bindings, schedules etc are stored in non-volatile memory (probably nand flash ram) in the controller itself.

If you deliberately remove the batteries to power down the device and then power it up some time later you'll find that even before it connects to wifi all the zone configuration and schedules are already there, safe and sound. I've powered mine down plenty of times and for a couple of times for many hours and have never lost any of the configuration or schedule.

The schedule and zone names are also stored in the cloud (which is how the phone apps access them) and in theory the device could restore these if the local copy was lost, but I haven't seen anything to indicate one way or the other whether it would actually ever do this, and I don't think any of the binding information is stored in the cloud so any such recovery would be incomplete if it relied on this.

Comment

Working...
        X