• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • killa47
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Then the following day I noticed it was set to 5C again with the override icon! I cancelled it one more time (repeating the same unsuccessful action many times is a recipe for success right ? Err, no...) and it was overridden again later.

Finally went into the room and looked at the HR92 which was set to OFF! (not by me though) Whoops....

And that's all it was... The funny thing is I'm aware of the OFF mode of the HR92 and the fact that the controller can't override it, but I could have sworn that when you try to override it from the controller it appears as if the change went through but the HR92 just ignores it. Eg the controller would have gone back to 15C with the HR92 ignoring it.

Perhaps it's part of the newer firmware but it seems that when the HR92 sends its hourly set point update (which is apparently 5C when in OFF mode) the controller now does indicate this as a 5C manual override.

Something to be aware of if you have any HR92's in OFF mode! (Another thing to be aware of is it disables frost protect for the radiator!)

:
    Same thing happened to me, step son turned off the ensuite HR92 and it threw me for a couple of days.

But DBMandrake, you're saying be aware it (HR92) disables frost protect in OFF mode - surely 5C is frost protection??

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by killa47 View Post
      Same thing happened to me, step son turned off the ensuite HR92 and it threw me for a couple of days.

But DBMandrake, you're saying be aware it (HR92) disables frost protect in OFF mode - surely 5C is frost protection??
      It might report 5C on the control panel when the HR92 is set to OFF, but I can state with complete certainty that turning the HR92 to OFF disables frost protect, whereas setting it to 5C does not.

I tested it by placing an HR92 attached to a spare valve body in the freezer for a while... Set to 5 it opens the valve when it gets below 5C as you'd expect. (From memory it also says "Frost" or something similar on the screen) Set it to OFF and it will happily sit there with the valve closed down to -15...

Not sure if this is documented anywhere though, and it's far too easy to accidentally turn it to OFF instead of 5C or do so on purpose not understanding all the consequences...
      Last edited by DBMandrake; 2 January 2018, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• G4RHL
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2015

Sounds like what you have thought was your own mental aberration has resulted in the discovery of a bug. I had always believed that off meant 5C.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

I don't think the HR80 can be set to OFF, the lowest it goes is 5C. Hence I have a box of the manual TRV heads ready for when a room needs the rad to be taken off

Comment

Working...
          X