Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honeywell evohome

Automated Home Ninja Dan_Robinson's Avatar

With the poor modulation rate of that thing I would definitely leave the bathrooms out of the Evohome system. Gives it something to do during low demand times.
    Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Robinson View Post
    With the poor modulation rate of that thing I would definitely leave the bathrooms out of the Evohome system. Gives it something to do during low demand times.
    Oh, they are already on Evohome. The downstairs has no HR92s and is on a room thermostat. The Hot Water is on 24/7 - is that sufficient for the boiler to keep busy? Or should I simply set the HR92 in one of the bathrooms at a high temperature where it is calling for heat 24/7? Thanks for your help here by the way.

Hi Victoria,

Whilst evohome is designed to be installed by trained, competent installers, it can be tackled by competent DIY'ers who are familiar with design and operation of central heating systems, and the necessary precautions you need to be aware of before undertaking such work.

Although aimed primarily at trained trade professionals, we do have a free online training course explaining how to install evohome that you may want to look at:

http://youlearn.honeywelluk.com/course/evohome

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Vaughn

Automated Home Sr Member

You donít want the bathroom HR92 set to a high temperature as it will cause the boiler to fire to reach that temperature. It would be better to remove the bathroom HR92 completely . Simply remove the HR92 , set it to the minimum bathroom temperature you require and then place it on a shelf on its own in the bathroom . In this case if the bathroom is cold it will cause the boiler to fire , but for most of the time the open TRV ( no HR92 attached) on the bathroom radiator will cause that radiator to be used as a bypass. Note that this solution means that the bathroom max temperature is not controlleable and with the trv now open at 100% it may get quite warm. In our case the bathroom radiator was already fitted with a manual valve that we leave open at around 50% and I have an HR92 on a shelf to monitor the temperature and if necessary ( very very seldom) call for boiler heat . If not any of the the above you will need to add a separate bypass pipe circuit.