• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • killa47
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2016

Strange happening re zone comms fault when clearing fault notifications

Yesterday I had a couple of comms faults on two zones - not that unusual given size of house. The controller was showing a little red exclamation symbol against these two zones which implied the zones were still out of communication with the controller. This puzzled me as the HR92 display looked ok.

So I thought I would clear the notifications in the controller fault screen. Immediately on clearing the controller fault log, the two zones cleared the exclamation symbol on the controller zone display.

So to me it looks like the controller log entry is somehow keeping the zone display as in a fault condition until the log entry is cleared. This made me think my firmware must have updated but I'm still on the present software release 1.00.07.01. I don't recall seeing this behaviour ever before.

Has anyone else seen this occur.
  • duckworp
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Dec 2017

Originally posted by killa47 View Post
    Yesterday I had a couple of comms faults on two zones - not that unusual given size of house. The controller was showing a little red exclamation symbol against these two zones which implied the zones were still out of communication with the controller. This puzzled me as the HR92 display looked ok.

So I thought I would clear the notifications in the controller fault screen. Immediately on clearing the controller fault log, the two zones cleared the exclamation symbol on the controller zone display.

So to me it looks like the controller log entry is somehow keeping the zone display as in a fault condition until the log entry is cleared. This made me think my firmware must have updated but I'm still on the present software release 1.00.07.01. I don't recall seeing this behaviour ever before.

Has anyone else seen this occur.
    My system does this too. It really confused me for some time before I worked out it was a legacy comms fault. I guess it does this to remind you to look at the comms fault log?

Comment

• G4RHL
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by duckworp View Post
      My system does this too. It really confused me for some time before I worked out it was a legacy comms fault. I guess it does this to remind you to look at the comms fault log?
      Mine has done the same.

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

This is the way it works. If a fault is logged the fault is considered to still exist (and thus displayed in the zone) until the matching "fault ended" log entry appears, when the fault is considered to not exist anymore.

Clearing the fault logbook will manually trick it into thinking the fault has been resolved.

Comment

Working...
        X