Can I not view the schedule in apps/online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrBoy
    Automated Home Guru
    • May 2017

Can I not view the schedule in apps/online?

My office zone is set to 20C and I definitely didn't set this - I've had it set very low while on holiday and would never set it this high. The app says "following schedule" but not what the schedule IS. I have no idea if my wife did it (seems unlikely) or the system is prone to randomly doing things due to bugs?

Also - the radiator is stone cold despite it reading the temperature as 13C. I tested all the units when I installed them last week, that they did actually bring hot water on/off and this valve always worked fine before so I don't think the valve is bust.
    Could the system have got itself mixed up?
  • HenGus
    Automated Home Legend
    • May 2014

You can check the zone schedule on the App. Select the zone and press the icon (checkerboard) in the top right corner. You can then add or delete switchpoints.

Many of my zones have a set temperature of 13C and the radiators are cold. It depends on the actual temperature in the zone. HR92s close off the heat to the radiator when no heat is required.

As far as the system is concerned, I have only had the controller lock up once. It doesn’t corrupt easily.

Comment

• MrBoy
      Automated Home Guru
      • May 2017

Great, I found it. It's not there on the browser version, at least not in the same place though. The schedule is set up but that still leaves the fact the valve is set for 21 and the radiator isn't on.

Is there a way to read the valve status without having to compile 3rd party API clients, to see what it thinks is going on?

Comment

• HenGus
        Automated Home Legend
        • May 2014

Originally posted by MrBoy View Post
        Great, I found it. It's not there on the browser version, at least not in the same place though. The schedule is set up but that still leaves the fact the valve is set for 21 and the radiator isn't on.

Is there a way to read the valve status without having to compile 3rd party API clients, to see what it thinks is going on?
        Sadly, remote monitoring of faults isn't available. It is possible that there is a HR92 comms fault which you will only see when you next look at the controller fault log. If the temperature drops in a zone with a comms fault, then it still has frost protection.

Comment

• MrBoy
          Automated Home Guru
          • May 2017

I'm not sure there is a fault - I don't know the HR92 is trying to open the valve, or isn't even bothering. Given the HR92 only has one button how can I see what it is up to and its logs, other than remotely? Shouldn't the main console let me see what each valve is doing?

Comment

• HenGus
            Automated Home Legend
            • May 2014

The next firmware (currently out to some in beta) shows when there is a zone heat demand. The information is accessed via the installer settings only on the controller.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by HenGus; 5 January 2018, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• MrBoy
              Automated Home Guru
              • May 2017

Yeah I'd seen that. But surely the system stores this for diagnostic purposes? I thought the hack-API thing already accessed such things - if I have problems there's no way to get the logs to assist support? Or do support login using a secret API and see what's happening directly?

I noticed I had some really weird schedules we didn't set up - on Saturday it was set to come on every hour then go off again!

Comment

• HenGus
                Automated Home Legend
                • May 2014

I have never had problems with scheduling. It just works.

Comment

• MrBoy
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • May 2017

That software looks a bit buggy, the display is upside down

I took off the HR92 and found the black knob was not all the way up - I manually unscrewed it (very easy) and immediately it got hot. I left it unscrewed, put the head back on and locked it. It cycled which I assume it does every time to gauge the valve range(?) during which time the bottom of the radiator cooled down, then it opened and the radiator got hot. So for right now, it's working. I wonder what happened.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Sep 2014

Probably wasn't calibrated properly. You should always wind the black wheel fully open (anti-clockwise) before fitting an HR92, then after a minute it does a full stroke re-calibration. If you put it on while the wheel is mostly wound in it may not calibrate properly.

If your valve bodies are "sticking" then it can cause the calibration to drift out after a few days - I have this problem with some of my zones due to sticky valves, and a workaround is to set stroke to 1 in the menus which forces it to open and close the valve over a wider range.

By the way you can find what valve position the HR92 is currently at by going into its menus (long press of the button) then changing option 10 to 1. It will show a number from 0-100 which is a percentage of calibrated valve pin travel. 0 represents the pin pushed down (closed) as hard as it can and 100 represents fully open. (Note though that when stroke is set to 0 it doesn't actually fully unwind it)

If everything is working optimally the radiator should start to get warm at a valve position above 30% and by about 80% it should be running at maximum temperature.

Edit: It just occurred to me what else might have been wrong with yours - if the locking latch underneath wasn't quite clicked over properly it would prevent the HR92 from attempting to control the valve - but no error will be reported on the display or on the controller. So this is the most likely cause of the problem you had.

If the locking latch is open option 10 valve position will report 0%.
                    Last edited by DBMandrake; 5 January 2018, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• HenGus
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • May 2014

I think it is this site that chooses to load images best suited to our Australian colleagues.

As Simon says, it is easy to forget to wind the black screw fully anti-clockwise and not latch the HR92 properly. Even experienced Honeywell installers can get it wrong.

Comment

• G4RHL
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Jan 2015

HR92 Menu 10

How does one get the HR92 to change the setting in menu 10? Out of curiosity I changed the setting from zero to 1 but there seems to be no way to save this setting and when I went back to the menu it was back to zero. Pressing the button after changing the setting simply takes me to the position readout.

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
                          Automated Home Ninja
                          • Jun 2012

It only stays active for a few minutes.
                          Last edited by Dan_Robinson; 6 January 2018, 09:43 PM.
                          Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• DBMandrake
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                            HR92 Menu 10

How does one get the HR92 to change the setting in menu 10? Out of curiosity I changed the setting from zero to 1 but there seems to be no way to save this setting and when I went back to the menu it was back to zero. Pressing the button after changing the setting simply takes me to the position readout.
                            That's how it works.

It's a test function masquerading as a setting but its not really a setting. When you change it to 1 it shows the valve position for 3 minutes or until you press the button again.

Comment

Working...
                            X