X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevelup
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2015

My CS92 batteries are just two weeks short of three years old, so I suppose I should replace them soon.

Also, I am a -very- naughty boy as my CS92 and two BDRs are right next to each other (about 30mm separating them). I've never had any comms errors.

The main controller is in a room directly beneath the airing cupboard though - so just a few metres away as the crow flies. So maybe that has something to do with it.

Comment

• killa47
      Automated Home Guru
      • Jan 2016

Just to complete the evolving picture re CS92 battery life - My batteries have lasted just less than 2 1/2 years since installation and are still going.

I suspect the frequency of on/off set points and run times have a bearing on heat sensing circuitry & comms checks to controller.

I only have DHW on 3 times/day for a total on time of 4 hours.

The above may be of use for other users wondering how long batteries should or do last.
      Last edited by killa47; 28 March 2018, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• IanIreland
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Shaun Reinson View Post
        I had a TRV with batteries that failed after about a year - which I'm guessing is ok - and when I replaced they appeared to go flat within a week. Turns out that the metal connector that you unhook to replace had reacted with the batteries and had a coating of stuff on it preventing a good electrical connection. Took it off, stuck in a glass of vinegar overnight to clean and its all fine now. Think it was probably the original batteries that leaked, but worth checking this as well...
        Duraglit is also good at cleaning terminals that have a build up of crud!

Comment

Working...
        X