• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rameses
    Industry Expert
    • Nov 2014

Google assistant integration live

Hi. Just been told this is now live. Google finished testing etc
    Be warned there are two Honeywell integrations make sure you pick the international one
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own
  • linus1412
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
    Hi. Just been told this is now live. Google finished testing etc
    Be warned there are two Honeywell integrations make sure you pick the international one
    Great news. I've been keenly waiting ages for this.

Is there is a list of available commands anywhere?

Martin

Comment

• PaulB
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Sep 2015

Have you a list of available phrases or controls?

At the moment, simple things like 'How warm is the living room?', 'What's the heating set to in the living room?' and 'Set the living room to 20 degrees' works, but more advanced phrasing such as 'Set the living room to 21 degrees for 1 hour' or 'At 6pm set the living room to 21 degrees' doesn't. Also, there seems to be no way to control the hot water, or get the temperature of it either (handy if going for a shower and wanting to ensure that the water is hot enough)

Telling google to 'Turn the Heating Off' seems to just set all thermostats to 5C until the next change in switch point. Telling google to 'Turn the Heating On' does nothing. I'm also unable to tell it to follow any of the schedules.

Overriding a zone is possible when I've manually set a schedule using either the Android App or the Evohome controller directly. However, if the heating has been turned 'Off' then Google can't turn it back on, and manually telling it to set a zone to a temperature makes google respond saying 'Sure, setting XXX to YYY', but in reality it does nothing. Manually turning the heating back On on the controller or in the App will give visibility of the change & it will then take effect.

For simple checks/quick adjustments it seems to be ok, but I'd like to be able to set durations of how long I want to change a temperature (I don't always want it to be set until the next scheduled switchpoint) or just even cancel a current override which has previously been set, and fully control changing schedules (such as setting Away or properly Off & On).
      Last edited by PaulB; 10 January 2018, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• PaulB
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Sep 2015

Ok so now the responses seem to have dummed down...

I have 2 zones linked to 1 room. Room name Bedroom, Zone 1 - Bedroom, Zone 2 - Ensuite.

Yesterday, I would ask...

'Ok Google, What's the temperature in the bedroom?'

To which is would reply...

'Heating is set to 15 on the Ensuite, with a current temperature of 18.5.
        Heating is set on the Bedroom to 17.5, with a current temperature of 20.'

Where as today, the same question gets this result...

'It's currently 20.5 degrees.
        It's currently 20 degrees.'

Why the change? Worked perfectly if combining zones into a single room...

Comment

• zxdavb
          Automated Home Guru
          • Jan 2018

I hope I'm not hijacking this thread...

I have a problems with the Google Assistant integration that I think may be a design fault.

I was able to set up the integration very easily, but (before I really tested it, and because I changed some zones around) I deleted the devices from Google Assistant with a view to starting all over again.

Now when I use Google Assistant > 'Home control' and select the (+) to 'Add devices' then select 'Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Intl' > [Signin] > [I ACCEPT], it says (in green, next to a list of all my zones): "Already selected" and (further down): "Navigate to My Account > Subscribed Applications and 'Unsubscribe' from that partner".

- unfortunately, when I log onto https://international.mytotalconnectcomfort.com/Account, I cannot find 'Subscribed Applications' anywhere.

If (on Google Assistant) I tap 'OK', I get a toast: "Couldn't update the setting. Check your connection."

Could anyone point me in the right direction?
          Last edited by zxdavb; 14 January 2018, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• Rameses
            Industry Expert
            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
            Have you a list of available phrases or controls?

At the moment, simple things like 'How warm is the living room?', 'What's the heating set to in the living room?' and 'Set the living room to 20 degrees' works, but more advanced phrasing such as 'Set the living room to 21 degrees for 1 hour' or 'At 6pm set the living room to 21 degrees' doesn't. Also, there seems to be no way to control the hot water, or get the temperature of it either (handy if going for a shower and wanting to ensure that the water is hot enough)

Telling google to 'Turn the Heating Off' seems to just set all thermostats to 5C until the next change in switch point. Telling google to 'Turn the Heating On' does nothing. I'm also unable to tell it to follow any of the schedules.

Overriding a zone is possible when I've manually set a schedule using either the Android App or the Evohome controller directly. However, if the heating has been turned 'Off' then Google can't turn it back on, and manually telling it to set a zone to a temperature makes google respond saying 'Sure, setting XXX to YYY', but in reality it does nothing. Manually turning the heating back On on the controller or in the App will give visibility of the change & it will then take effect.

For simple checks/quick adjustments it seems to be ok, but I'd like to be able to set durations of how long I want to change a temperature (I don't always want it to be set until the next scheduled switchpoint) or just even cancel a current override which has previously been set, and fully control changing schedules (such as setting Away or properly Off & On).
            Setting temp to time limit is not possible right now - not a limitation on Honeywell's end but on Google's.
            getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• zxdavb
              Automated Home Guru
              • Jan 2018

Originally posted by zxdavb View Post
              unfortunately, when I log onto https://international.mytotalconnectcomfort.com/Account, I cannot find 'Subscribed Applications' anywhere.
              My solution was to reset everything, delete the location altogether (from the website) and restart from scratch.
              Last edited by zxdavb; 15 January 2018, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X