Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is there ANY reason to favour a HR91 over an HR92 other than price?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MrBoy View Post
    not seen that one, is it like for like with their own controller box, RF Comms, etc?
    It’s reviewed on this very site. The is the first of 3 articles:

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/revie...tallation.html

Automated Home Guru

8 set points, 16 zones... Wish I'd known about this given my current need for a 13th zone, and literally just bought all my kit... Most of it isn't even fitted yet!

Automated Home Legend

From my experience with Drayton over the years . (Especially their wireless stuff), Honeywell exceeds them on every level IMO. The only good thing Drayton ever did was the Lifestyle clocks, and that's about it. From what I've seen of the Drayton system it looks a bit messy and the panel doesn't look as easy to use.

Quote Originally Posted by HenGus View Post
    If I was someone looking again for a new smart heating system for a house with 19 radiators, the difference in cost between the HR92 and a Wiser TRV (£39.99 from Screwfix) would give me a lot to think about.
    We now sell packs including HR91's that the equivalent HR92 price just can't touch - https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/20-hone...ed-value-packs

I know this is an old post but its still trending on Google for HR91's...

Automated Home Guru

sorry offtopic but
    The EVOHOME Shop, one thing I have always wondered when looking at your site is why you don't offer an upgrade to the Honeywell evohome Connected Modulation Pack for say £50 in all your value packs, unless I have missed it somewhere. too late or me though.

Automated Home Jr Member

I still have a mix of HR80, HR92 and HR91. If I had the zero cost opportunity to replace all with just one type it would be HR91. I like them because they don't encourage tinkering and they are not susceptible to accidental adjustment by curtains or little fingers. About half my zones are locked down so they can not be adjusted locally. Quite a lot of zones have T87 wall thermostats. This is both for easier controllability, and to ensure that rads don't get turned off before the room is actually at the right temperature. They get rooms up to heat much faster with smaller rads.

Automated Home Legend

I don't like the flip screen of the HR92 at all, but I do like the features it has. My house is all HR80 and I see absolutely no reason to change. So unless you NEED access to the settings the HR92 provides, I can see the attraction to the HR91. But it'll be sods law, you buy an HR91 and then might need the HR92 settings.