Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wind Direction

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    But like I said, the rooms are up to temperature as far as Evohome is concerned. They just FEEL colder.
    Surely it is the level of humidity that is affecting you? My Netatmo tells me that the comfort level in Summer is 23C to 26C but in Winter it is less, 20C to 24C. Yes, we want it hotter in Summer! Reason is the drier the air the higher the comfort temperature so perhaps, whilst your temperature is at set point, it feels different because wind is affecting the humidity level.

Keep off the beans!

Automated Home Sr Member

I notice a difference when the wind blows from the west - which is sadly the prevailing wind. Part of the reason for this is that the house is open to the west. From the east, I'm sheltered by the neighbour and if its from the North the houses across the street act as a windbreak, as well as my own garage.

What do you think of the Netatmo weather station? Does seem quite pricy once all the modules are added? I'm thinking about upgrading my La Crosse to something app enabled which also gives wind direction so looking for suggestions.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fergie View Post
    What do you think of the Netatmo weather station? Does seem quite pricy once all the modules are added? I'm thinking about upgrading my La Crosse to something app enabled which also gives wind direction so looking for suggestions.
    It does its job which is for me no more than knowing what the outside temperature is and with a little more detail than a simple thermometer. The inside module is in my study and I find itís CO2 warnings helpful. I have not bought any other modules as I am not interested in how much rain has fallen (I can see that) nor the wind strength. The camera systems look good but are not cheap. Having said that I indulged in Netgear Arlo cameras. I can understand why some may need to know the outside temperature to allow for internal adjustments but for most of us it cannot be necessary as the house or zone, will heat to what you have set it at, whether it is 0C outside or 15C. I am fortunate in that I have 20 year old house that heats up quickly so there is no interest in allowances for longer periods to warm up because of a low outside temperature.

The Netatmo is nicely made. I donít need them but their add on camera systems are worth looking at.

Automated Home Sr Member

Cheers. I think I may go for 2 or 3 outdoor cameras once they are a sensible price. Doubling as a light and also having motion sensors, night vision etc are all very useful. I also had a look at ring, but they are even more expensive and require a monthly subscription.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

I have a combination of Arlo, Blink and Nest cameras. Each has pros and cons. But the feature set seems to be gradually converging.