• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3vohome
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jan 2018

Help with HR92 configuration

Hi, wonder if anyone can shed any light on to a problem I'm having with a couple of HR92 TRVs

Issue being, the room is calling for heat, the boiler is on the target temperature is shown on the TRV however the TRV stays closed.

At this stage if I remove the head, open the valve fully then automatically cycle or manually cycle the TRV once it settles it reverts back to the closed position, still calling for heat and showing a demand on the display. The signal back to the hub is decent, I have tried re-binding the valves but the same result

The trv valves themselves are fine, they are Danfos fitted with the adapters and at first worked but now have this issue.

I wondered if anyone had any similar issues?

Thanks

Ray
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by 3vohome View Post
    Hi, wonder if anyone can shed any light on to a problem I'm having with a couple of HR92 TRVs

Issue being, the room is calling for heat, the boiler is on the target temperature is shown on the TRV however the TRV stays closed.

At this stage if I remove the head, open the valve fully then automatically cycle or manually cycle the TRV once it settles it reverts back to the closed position, still calling for heat and showing a demand on the display. The signal back to the hub is decent, I have tried re-binding the valves but the same result

The trv valves themselves are fine, they are Danfos fitted with the adapters and at first worked but now have this issue.

I wondered if anyone had any similar issues?

Thanks

Ray
    When you say its "calling for heat and showing a demand on the display" are you referring to the heat demand page in the system installer menu in the latest firmware that just went out ? How much heat demand is it calling for ?

If you go into the menu in the HR92 and change option 10 to a 1 to display the valve position, what valve position does it report ? Only valve positions greater than 30 will call for heat.

Also, under these conditions what is the set point, and what is the current measured temperature ?

What happens if you set the set point at least 2 degrees above the measured room temperature, does the radiator get hot then ? If it doesn't, unclick the HR92 off the adaptor and lift it off, then try turning the black wheel anti-clockwise - how far can you turn it before it reaches the limit stop and does turning it this extra distance cause the radiator to get hot ?

If so you might need to set stroke (option 6) to 1. Needing to do this may be a sign that your valve bodies are sticking or seizing up or the adaptor is over tightened onto the valve body.

Are you sure the Danfoss adaptors are securely and correctly fitted ? They can be problematic according to reports here.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 18 January 2018, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• 3vohome
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
      When you say its "calling for heat and showing a demand on the display" are you referring to the heat demand page in the system installer menu in the latest firmware that just went out ? How much heat demand is it calling for ?

If you go into the menu in the HR92 and change option 10 to a 1 to display the valve position, what valve position does it report ? Only valve positions greater than 30 will call for heat.

Also, under these conditions what is the set point, and what is the current measured temperature ?

What happens if you set the set point at least 2 degrees above the measured room temperature, does the radiator get hot then ? If it doesn't, unclick the HR92 off the adaptor and lift it off, then try turning the black wheel anti-clockwise - how far can you turn it before it reaches the limit stop and does turning it this extra distance cause the radiator to get hot ?

If so you might need to set stroke (option 6) to 1. Needing to do this may be a sign that your valve bodies are sticking or seizing up or the adaptor is over tightened onto the valve body.

Are you sure the Danfoss adaptors are securely and correctly fitted ? They can be problematic according to reports here.

thanks for the reply, I will try adjusting the stroke.

calling for heat i.e the rooms sitting at 12 degrees, via the HR92 I adjust it to 20, the valve makes a bit of noise after a while opening, I think good its worked. boiler fires up, heat demand page on installer menu has recognised the manual adjustment on the valve (does the same if I adjust temperature from installer page).

touch the radiator a little heat comes through, go back 10mins later its stone cold, take the head off the HR92 the black wheel has closed itself back down to a position where no heat is passing, but not fully closed. I open it fully, reattach and let it cycle then after it settles I have the same result.
      adapters are fully attached to the radiator and rad pins are fine, however, if the Danfos TRV is not so compatible with the HR92 then il swap the valve bodies over to standard TRVs at the weekend and give that a go too,

thanks

Comment

• G4RHL
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2015

I don’t think it is the Danfos valve not being compatible. Two of my radiators have Danfos valves and I had to use the adaptor for the HR92s. They work fine and have done for over 3 years. Occasionally one pops off and I think it is the pin beginning to stick and it is too much for the HR92. After pushing the pin in and out a few times to ensure it is free all seems good.

Comment

• rvb99
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by 3vohome View Post
          thanks for the reply, I will try adjusting the stroke.

calling for heat i.e the rooms sitting at 12 degrees, via the HR92 I adjust it to 20, the valve makes a bit of noise after a while opening, I think good its worked. boiler fires up, heat demand page on installer menu has recognised the manual adjustment on the valve (does the same if I adjust temperature from installer page).

touch the radiator a little heat comes through, go back 10mins later its stone cold, take the head off the HR92 the black wheel has closed itself back down to a position where no heat is passing, but not fully closed. I open it fully, reattach and let it cycle then after it settles I have the same result.
          adapters are fully attached to the radiator and rad pins are fine, however, if the Danfos TRV is not so compatible with the HR92 then il swap the valve bodies over to standard TRVs at the weekend and give that a go too,

thanks
          Ok, but as DBMandrake asked, what is the valve position reported by the HR92 in the menu. Push the bind button until you get the menu and then turn the dial to go menu setting 10 - Valve Pos) . If this is 30 or less it suggests a HR92 problem as it is not trying to set the valve open. If it is higher it suggests a mechanical (TRV/adapter) problem - ie HR92 is trying to set the valve open, but mechanically it is blocked.

Comment

Working...
          X