• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RolandK
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jan 2016

Looking for Philips Hue compatible remote control

Hi
    having used X10 for a number of years I am now looking to go to Philips Hue and compatible system. This is mainly due to the problems with dimming LED lights with X10, apart from that it does what we need.
    We currently have an easy to use X10 RF remote control (HR10) to directly control the 6 lights in the lounge area plus a couple of macros. Going to Hue I realise that I can do this with a phone app but I really want a dedicated remote to do this rather than having to use a phone to do this. Is anyone aware of a remote that would replicate the functionality of the X10 one we have now? For example the INNR remote? Being new to this protocol I'm not sure what to look for yet! I also have an Echo Dot so voice control with this is another option I guess but a remote would be my first choice.
    I'd be grateful for any help and suggestions while I get up to speed with this new kit.
    Thanks,
    Roland
  • noel-pilot
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • May 2005

Hi Roland,
    The Logitech smart hub remotes support Hue, they may not have enough buttons for you but I have one and love both the tactile nature of the physical remote and the ability to seamlessly use alexa or the remote to control things.
    Thanks
    Noel

Comment

• RolandK
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Jan 2016

Many thanks for the info. I'll take a look
      Cheers
      Roland

Comment

Working...
      X