• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

HomePod

Apple’s HomePod commeth but does anybody know if Honeywell are any nearer enabling the syncing with the Home app to make the HomePod worth further thought?
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

I think I have found the answer to my own question. IOS Version 11.3 will include the ability for backward compatibility so that existing hardware should not need changing. I assume this is what Honeywell have been waiting for. Mind you it would not hurt to so tell us.

Comment

• AH@AI
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
      I think I have found the answer to my own question. IOS Version 11.3 will include the ability for backward compatibility so that existing hardware should not need changing. I assume this is what Honeywell have been waiting for. Mind you it would not hurt to so tell us.
      Would love to have HomeKit functionality. I don't like Amazon Echo and the house is full of apple devices, So yeah Honeywell, can we get an update on if there is a plan on Homekit software level support.

Thanks

Comment

• G4RHL
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by AH@AI View Post
        Would love to have HomeKit functionality. I don't like Amazon Echo and the house is full of apple devices, So yeah Honeywell, can we get an update on if there is a plan on Homekit software level support.

Thanks
        I got my Amazon Echo out, blew the dust off and fired it up. I will be switching it off again. There is still an issue with it recognising rooms. I tried it with my Philips Hue lights and Alexa can't find them even though they are shown in the app. On the contrary Siri has no problem at all.

Comment

Working...
        X