X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1animal1
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2018

MTM, what's your thoughts and experience on a biscuit mix instead of the metal plates, aside from the hassle. I figure with any decent level of thickness in boards, I could do with all the thermal conductivity I can get

Comment

• mtmcgavock
      Automated Home Legend
      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by 1animal1 View Post
      MTM, what's your thoughts and experience on a biscuit mix instead of the metal plates, aside from the hassle. I figure with any decent level of thickness in boards, I could do with all the thermal conductivity I can get
      I'd stick with the plates. Have enough insulation underneath and it will work. I've done installations with spreader plates and without in between joists (Just clipped to insulation) and both work great. Comes through 18mm Chipboard with a self levelling screed on fine.

Comment

• 1animal1
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Jan 2018

Just a thought, if I did go down the biscuit mix route, fixing ply beneath the insulation, biscuit mix to the top of the joists. What's stopping me screeding the top... Surely the strength of the ply would be equivalent to that of floor boards above. I'm just thinking about the best possible outcome

Comment

• mtmcgavock
          Automated Home Legend
          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by 1animal1 View Post
          Just a thought, if I did go down the biscuit mix route, fixing ply beneath the insulation, biscuit mix to the top of the joists. What's stopping me screeding the top... Surely the strength of the ply would be equivalent to that of floor boards above. I'm just thinking about the best possible outcome
          No as the weight would be pushing down on the ply with no support under the ply. Your boards would usually sit on top of your joists to support the weight. I think you're just over thinking it, insulation, spreader plates and chipboard will work fine.

Comment

• 1animal1
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Jan 2018

No worries, thanks MTM 😁

Comment

• rauloraulon
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Dec 2019

Anyone has a boiler Daikin D2c with evohome? Theorically is opentherm compatible....

Comment

Working...
              X