Switched to evohome & caused damage to boiler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robj20
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Aug 2017

Originally posted by dty View Post
    The problem is that the HR92 has no practical way of knowing if a given valve position actually results in any flow or not. DBMandrake will be along shortly to explain his theories about the relationship between the HR92 reported valve position, the actual valve position, the deadbands at either end and how they relate to flow, and how the whole lot relates to boiler demand.

3... 2... 1...
    You could easily as part of an advanced setup have the valve operated manually from closed open until you have flow and set one step back as 0%

Comment

• zxdavb
      Automated Home Guru
      • Jan 2018

So I understand the idea of a bypass radiator...

What I'd really like is a different bypass rad according to the time of day...

I currently use the smaller of 2 radiators in the main room, and the larger one rarely 'opens'. This is OK for daytime.

What I'd really like is for it to switch to the rad in my eldest's bedroom at night. During the day her bedroom is set to 15C (she's at school), and we keep the door closed (this alone is going to save me a fortune). However, at night the thermostat is constantly calling for heat (and thus the downstairs room is kept unnecessarily warm).

Any thoughts on an automated way of achieving this? Say main room from 7am to 11pm, and bedroom from 7pm to 8am?

Actually, I think I can do something with some HR20s. Or is there are better programmable TRV someone could recommend? I heard some people suggest Terrier i-temp i30s.
      Last edited by zxdavb; 8 February 2018, 01:37 PM. Reason: added a question at the end

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

What we appear to be suggesting is an additional setup criteria per zone that either creates or not a boiler demand. Now that we have an electric zone type that does precisely that, has any one actually tried to see if an HRxx will bind with such a zone type?

Comment

Working...
        X