Thread: Fitting a T87RF Wall Thermostat

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Fitting a T87RF Wall Thermostat

Hi guys,
    I am going to fit a T87RF wall thermostat in a room that is currently controlled by a HR92 radiator valve.
    Do I need to clear all the binding on the HR92 before setting up the T87RF as a temperature sensor or can I just add in the T87RF?
    I would rather not have to set up the whole zone and schedule again if possible.

Automated Home Ninja

You just add the T87RF.

I'd recommend you temporarily fix it with something like Command Strips so you can experiment with the location to find where it works best for you before permanently fixing it to the wall.

Automated Home Jr Member

Sorry for a slight hijack but can anyone answer please. If I had a room with two radiators (both fitted with HR92's) can you fit a T87RF AND use it to override the temp on both the radiators. i.e. If schedule set for 20 Degrees and wanted it to be 22 could you turn up the T87 and have it override both HR92's without touching them.

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Scointer View Post
    Sorry for a slight hijack but can anyone answer please. If I had a room with two radiators (both fitted with HR92's) can you fit a T87RF AND use it to override the temp on both the radiators. i.e. If schedule set for 20 Degrees and wanted it to be 22 could you turn up the T87 and have it override both HR92's without touching them.
    Yes, that's exactly the way it works.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by dty View Post
    Yes, that's exactly the way it works.
    Thanks. I was hoping that was the answer but was just worried it might only be useful as a sensor and showing the temp and with an evohome setup you would still have to control the temp for that zone on the actual controller (or each HR92). Many thanks.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    Hi guys,
    I am going to fit a T87RF wall thermostat in a room that is currently controlled by a HR92 radiator valve.
    Do I need to clear all the binding on the HR92 before setting up the T87RF as a temperature sensor or can I just add in the T87RF?
    I would rather not have to set up the whole zone and schedule again if possible.
    On the Wifi version of the controller you just go into the installer menu, zone configuration and choose temperature sensor, then bind the T87RF - you don't need to rebind the HR92's or do anything else.

On the older controller model I believe you have to rebind all the devices in the zone to change the sensor device.

Automated Home Jr Member

Thanks for the info.

Job done.